Hilary or Donald, who's your money on.

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Hilary or Donald, who's your money on.

Post by Grandad »

Not much to choose between them in my opinion. Neither has the statesman like characteristics that the president of the USA requires, again IMO. I suppose Trump comes closest of the two contenders but with his short fuse and unpredictability I am inclined towards Hilary as the best option. More level headed and at least she has international experience and many years in politics.

Any opinions folks? It would be nice to hear from LLL who is closest to the action and probably better informed than we are in Europe; or maybe not.

:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Hilary or Donald, who's your money on.

Post by Horus »

My money would be on Clinton, but only because she is probably the safe bet for most Americans. Trump would certainly shake things up a bit and to some degree that may be what is needed, all the old school politicians fall into the same category, very much like our MP's and they get complacent. He is a danger in some ways, but I reckon he will be reined in by the senate so some of his more radical views will be moderated. He could be the surprise result like our Brexit due to him touching a nerve with immigration and jobs going abroad, interesting times ahead, but Clinton by a nose.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Interesting you mention Brexit H. I have heard that it has gone down very well in the US as an example of the people having an opportunity to express their views on matters of national interest. I don't think we have lost any friends across the pond following Brexit.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Yes that is why I mentioned Brexit because he may well appeal to those voters who consider that their own concerns on the likes of immigration are being ignored and that they vote for him out of protest to get their voices heard.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

So how much credence can we put on these polls? Here in the UK the opinion is very much the other way, even with American journalists. So the jury's out, until the next debate...
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Reflects my feelings so am sharing:

From the time I was able to vote I voted Republican. I am now 87 years old.

Recently I received a questionnaire and request for money from the Republican Party and strongly agree with every question, as I have since Obama was elected.

Unfortunately the one question that was missing is: What have the Republicans done for the American people?

We gave you a majority in the House and Senate, and you never listened to us. Now you want our money, my money, more money. You should be more concerned about our votes, not our money.

You are the establishment which means all you want is to save your jobs and line your pockets.

Well guess what? It's not going to happen.

TRUMP hasn't asked for a dime.

You might think we are fools because you feel Trump is on a self-destruct course, but look beyond Washington and listen to the masses. Nobody has achieved what he has, especially in the state of New York. 

Here's why I want Trump. Yes, he's a bit of an ass; yes, he's an egomaniac; but I don't care.

The country is a mess because politicians suck.

The Republican Party is two-faced and gutless, and illegals are everywhere.

I want it all fixed!

I don't care that Trump is crude.

I don't care that he insults people.

I don't care that he has changed positions.

I don't care that he's been married 3 times.

I don't care that he fights with Megan Kelly and Rosie O’Donnell.

I don't care that he doesn't know the name of some Muslim terrorist.

Our country has become weak, bankrupt. Our enemies are making fun of us. We are being invaded by illegals. We are becoming a nation of victims where every Tom, Ricardo and Hassid is a special group with special rights to a point where we don't even recognize the country we were born and raised in, "AND I JUST WANT IT FIXED."

And Trump is the only guy who seems to understand what the people  want.

I'm sick of politicians, sick of the Democratic Party, the Republican Party, and sick of illegals. I just want this thing fixed.  Trump may not be a saint, but he doesn't have lobbyist money controlling him; he doesn't have political correctness restraining him; all you know is that he has been very successful; a good negotiator; he has built a lot of things; and, he's also not a politician. And, he says he'll fix it. And, I believe him because he is too much of an egotist to be proven wrong or looked at and called a liar.

I don't care if the guy has bad hair.

You are welcome to pass this on, or not.
Thought for the Day  "No country can sustain, in idleness, more than a small percentage of its numbers.

The great majority must labor at something productive!"

P.S.  No Borders, No Language, No Culture = No Country.

I sure  hope this goes to everyone. This says it all.

BTW - the MEDIA is incredibly biased against all Republican but Soros owns them and he seems intent on creating ONE world order.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Plenty to think about there then. :up

He doesn't happen to be Donald Trumps dad by any chance, does he? :lol:

But would he really put the nuclear button in Trumps hands???
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I would trust the nuclear button in Trumps hand.

The button WAS in Clinton's hand when Benghazi happened but "what difference does it make anyway" ??? If you want to talk deep layers of corruption look to her. Think on things like WHY did the FBI conclude everything she did re: email scandal was criminal YET no charges?

Time for a real HUGE shake up. We're all going to hell in a handbasket anyway so why not give an Independent businessman an opportunity? And as the article says - who cares if he is brash, arrogant and bold. He is NOT a Politician who lies with every breath and word uttered.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I reckon that those are probably most peoples reasons for a drastic change, they are sick to the gills of lying politicians who all seem to be from the same mould, no vision and no action. I just wish that Jeremy Corbyn had a few more views that I could agree with as I actually like a lot of his proposals, such as making companies pay their proper tax and re-nationalising the railways, but I am afraid he is just a bit too far on the left for me to vote for him
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Maybe you and the old gentleman are right LLL. I suppose many of us want to feel that we are safest with no provocation between nations but that can mean, as Horus has intimated, that we end up with lily livered politicians who are only interested in their own safe and comfortable positions in society.

Perhaps the US DOES need someone like Trump. He certainly comes over as straight talking. The question is, would he be as straight talking as President dealing on the international stage. The US could do no worse that giving him a try.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

When I listen to Trump I feel he is expecting to be a Dictator, not Head of a team. :urm:
Smile! It confuses people
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I can ignore all these mud slinging claims about Trump making or claiming to have made improper aproaches to some women. There are always people who will come out of the woodwork when it suits them. But as a few weeks have past since I started this thread my opinion has not really changed.

I think it is probably the worst choice for the American people in my living memory. I think Hilary Clinton is now too old for the rigours of the task, and there are some health concerns. Trump is so unpredictable and a loose canon that I would find it hard to trust him.

I think Trump could win. An American commentator on TV said he could not vote for Clinton and will find it hard to vote for Trump but it is only 4 years so give the guy a chance and see what he can do. Perhaps many Americans will take the same view.

BTW, good to see you MD. Are you still in the Balearic's doing your daughters garden? ;)