Latest recruit

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Latest recruit

Post by Ruby Slippers »

I've just spotted a new member called 'Alice' with a Bahamian flag! Like LLL before me, I'm wondering why they don't post! :ni: Mind you, no-one seems to be posting much lately. :(

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Latest recruit

Post by Horus »

I've just spotted a new member called 'Alice' with a Bahamian flag! Like LLL before me, I'm wondering why they don't post! :ni: Mind you, no-one seems to be posting much lately. :(
RS, as with many others they probably just sign up to play the games section, they don’t have any posts awaiting approval.

As to the other part of your question, well you can trace that back to a post from a rare visitor on this site who had the sole intention of stirring things up. This led to a few acrimonious remarks from some regular members that made me in particular decide to limit my own contributions and comments on here, the rest speaks for itself. :urm:
Scottishtourist

Post by Scottishtourist »

Can't ever understand why anyone just ever signs up to play games!Without posting!

There are plenty of games on internet that they can find,without resorting to signing up to a forum dedicated to Egypt!

Maybe this Alice is just a "troll!"

Someone who will read aplenty,play games,but never,ever post!

Such a shame to suppose this of a person..when there are others here who have kinda proved that they are not "trolls"but merely have the mental strength NOT to play games..no matter what everyone else thinks!

Anyway.I will await the posts from Alice!

Whilst I emulsion my home and look to L4u for "general discussions"etc.Can't post..because too many people complained about me.So I wait with baited breath to read their "earth-shattering"opinions on the forum now.

Sorry you're getting brunt of this RS..cos you're such a lovely person...but some of us have to fight our own battles.

Wonder why this "Alice"don't post on Luxor4u?
Maybe she'd be banned too!

Anyway,an agreeable forum..is a "happy"forum!

Regards,
Christine.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

This last couple of weeks I haven't had anything interesting to write about - not been out and about, but gathered and sorted and packed half a van load of stuff for charity.

I would have sent a 4 seater leather Chesterfield with feather cushions (big mistake) - but no charity will take it as it doesn't have a fire proof label, too old apparently. At the moment for some reason it's in the big bedroom, how they got it in and more important how we will get it out interests me more.

I've re-potted all my house geraniums, most are flowering well, but I can't identify why one or two plants are losing their leaves. I suspected domestic slugs, but checked when re-potting and that's not the problem, it's not typical of red spider, but I think I'll have to spray them daily in case...........

Now you see why I haven't posted. ;) :zz :zz :zz
Smile! It confuses people
Scottishtourist

Mad Dilys wrote: I've re-potted all my house geraniums, most are flowering well, but I can't identify why one or two plants are losing their leaves. I suspected domestic slugs, but checked when re-potting and that's not the problem, it's not typical of red spider, but I think I'll have to spray them daily in case...........

Now you see why I haven't posted. ;) :zz :zz :zz
I'm bleedin hopeless with plants MD!I once bought wicker plant stand,when newly married and sat it aplomb in my old tenement flat.I envisioned a wall of trailing ivy,wandering jew,etc!Unfortunately..my cat had other idea..and totally destroyed it!

However..all is not lost!
In February,Lidl were giving away "sell-by"date plants..so I acquired a Christmas Cactus.When dad died during that month my work sent me lovely floral display in ceramic pot.So..I've re-potted the Christmas cactus..and guess what?
Noticed flowering bud on it today..so hope it blooms.

And who says that this forum is boring?
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Plants are my passion - well one of them. :oops: I've got 14 geraniums, 6 fuchsias and about 16 begonias around the house that I bought as tiny plants with just two leaves or so in the spring. I had 12 petunias too which were very quickly in flower and for 3 months went crazy with the number of blooms they had, I think the just flowered themselves to death. The geraniums and begonias are doing very well.

When I can get out to Ibiza again, I have my daughters garden to re-construct. We'll need a small crane for moving
the rocks, they are for a rock garden, an unconventional growing area for herbs that is safe from the dogs. The Jack Russell just loves newly turned soil and makes big earthworks of her own. "Dirty Dog" the Spaniel will wee or poo wherever he can, fortunately the Doberman isn't interested in much except barking at the neighbour's dogs as they pass the gate, so I think the plants will be safe to eat.

Disclaimer: I may have mentioned all the above before, and am repeating myself yet again - if so I apologise. :oops:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Sorry MD that your replies make little sense in this thread, that is because I have had to delete all of ST's sarcastic rants against the forums, weekend again I see :roll:
Scottishtourist

Ruby Slippers wrote:I've just spotted a new member called 'Alice' with a Bahamian flag! Like LLL before me, I'm wondering why they don't post! :ni: Mind you, no-one seems to be posting much lately. :(
People ARE posting RS!
It's just a pity that their posts are being deleted and dismissed as "sarcastic rants"probably before you've even have time to read them!
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Well, being an early riser, I tend to be in bed by 10pm - so I've missed out on some posts it seems! :(
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Sorry RS & MD, but the member in question has constantly flouted the forum rules on both E4U & L4U sites and despite far too many warnings to that effect has refused to moderate their behaviour, so regrettably I have had no option but to impose a permanent ban to avoid further issues.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

That's fine by me Horus, carry on the good work. :up
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I think that many people will feel the same way MD, :urm: despite that persons ability to create and post some interesting topics they always without exception had a sting in the tail and ended up in insulting comments.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

You can't help wondering how such an innocuous topic could generate a rant! :ni:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Ruby Slippers wrote:You can't help wondering how such an innocuous topic could generate a rant! :ni:
Oh I assure you they can. :a1: