How's this for sharp observation?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

How's this for sharp observation?

Post by Grandad »

Flicking through some pictures in my albums today, I came across this one.

It is a screen shot from a Youtube video of Archbishop of Canterbury Michael Ramsey walking the streets of the city. It is probably dated early 1970's.
This is the video.
phpBB [video]

There is little merit to the video but when my daughter watched it after it came up in Facebook, she noticed at 2minutes 35seconds the above image (now from my album).

She instantly recognised in just a couple of frames that the ghostly person in a striped dress, in the shop window, was her grandmother.

I only post it as a bit of trivia and also to credit my daughters keen observation because it was indeed Nana Joyce. :lol: :lol:

:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: How's this for sharp observation?

Post by Horus »

There are some strange coincidences in the world Grandad and this has been one of them, she was very observant to spot that one. :up
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

WOW ! ! ! Very nearly unbelievable ! He went by the window so quickly - - -
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

THAT is definitely keen observation.

Back in the day of the dinosaur when I was in first year university for a couple months I rented a really abysmal place out in the country behind a train station.

Came home one afternoon and police had the entire road all blocked off and I had to park and walk to my house. It was a summer afternoon and I went out the back to sit and read AND - the Train that was in the station was disembarking passengers. Was Queen Elizabeth, Prince Phillip, Charles and the ever infamous Diana! ;) :) :) Not another sole in sight and they were bee-lining from the Train to a private helicopter en route to somewhere. I was within 2 meters of them all. They looked exactly like they do on TV! ;)

Wish I'd of had a camera - but then I probably wouldn't have been able to shoot a photo.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Great story :up you should have waved, Queenie would have certainly waved back at you. ;)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Jayway wrote:WOW ! ! ! Very nearly unbelievable ! He went by the window so quickly - - -
Yes it astonished me Jay but she recognised that Ramsey was walking along Mercery Lane and that her Grandma used to work in a ladies dress shop 'Roja' along there so she was probably quite alert.
LovelyLadyLux wrote:Wish I'd of had a camera - but then I probably wouldn't have been able to shoot a photo.
Cell phones didn't have cameras way back then LLL. But hang on, did we even have cell phones? ;) ;) :lol:
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Nope not a cell phone at all in those days. Would have had to go in and get a camera ;)

Very good observation on your part though. Wonder what attracted the eye to the flash by? An imprint of something familiar?