Hello folks, remember me?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

BBLUX
France

Hello folks, remember me?

Post by BBLUX »

I have just been able to get into Egypt4U after several years of it refusing my login. Thanks to Grandad for posting about his foxes I was tempted to try once again. I don't know what happened but I can now read it again. It's good to see many old user names that I thought had gone from the forums ( forii?)
The blue side has sadly declined over the past few years. A small number of us originals still communicate from time to time but the rest....well :(

Right, I see I have some catching up to do so I will get out of your hair (if you have any left ;) ) and do some reading.

Bye for now :P

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Hello folks, remember me?

Post by Horus »

You will find there is quite a variation of topics compared to the Blue side, the problem is we have been talking between ourselves for years as very few from the Blue have bothered to visit us which is a shame as in the main we are more friendly over here and Grandads foxes should keep you interested. :up
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

How nice to see you here BB :up been a long time since we last met. Best wishes to Fablux.
Smile! It confuses people
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Hi, Nice to see you here BBLUX :)

It's a long time since we have spoken, keep on posting :up
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Hi BBlux, good to hear from you. :up

Strange about your login problems because I thought Keefy transferred ALL usernames and passwords when he introduced E4U some years ago. I am glad you noticed my fox post. We still have them and this years there are three pairs in the immediate vicinity. Vixens are still with the cubs and the dogs go out foraging or, if they are lucky, I may have some rabbits for them. :lol: :lol:

Something we do like to see on here is pictures, Horus's post about the canals is a good example. There doesn't seem to be too many pictures on the 'Blue'. Hope you will look in and find something to add or comment on.

Best wishes to FBlux (Fran)
:gg:
BBLUX
France

Post by BBLUX »

Thanks for the responses folks. I'm sure I can present you with a few photo's from our travels once I do a refresher course on uploading and posting images :oops: I seem to have lost the knowledge somewhere in the past. Well I am 70 now so the memory needs a reboot every so often.

Great to hear about your foxes Grandad. We still think of ours sometimes. We still have the old dog "Wolf"on the farm in Luxor. He is much respected in the village and is known as "the old one" He is 16 now, going blind and arthritic but still seems contented but rarely leaves the farm land now.

As this is my 70th Year we decided to do a sort of grand tour in Europe. The UK first where I had my birthday with family and friends. I was given a 1 hour flight in a Tiger Moth biplane by Fran as my present. Probably the last time I will actually be able to fly myself but who knows. The owner/pilot told me he had recently taken up a guy who was 96 and was planning on returning for his 98th and 100th! My old friend Ron whom I used to help restore aircraft and make occasional flights died back in March so that connection has sadly gone. Fran's mother died on my birthday party afternoon so things were very stressful for a while arranging the funeral and rescheduling our trip.
We are now in Sitia in Crete, our Summer layup over the last 3 years. The first afternoon we arrived we were greeted by the 2 cats we had befriended last year. One, a ginger and white was just a kitten in 2014 when we first stayed here for a couple of months. The other a young male with a deformed mouth is possibly her first kitten.
I'll sort some images when I remember how and sort of blog our travels around Europe over the Summer.

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Hiya BBLux - you'll love all of Grandad's fox pictures and videos. He has some really cool ones that live somewhere where they can cruise his yard nightly. They're definitely really good looking foxes.

Love to see photos of your holiday travels too :)
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

Thanks to Grandad's post on the blue side I also came over & had a look here. The photos are wonderful, have been browsing several of the nature threads as well as a few others.

As several of you have said it seems a much friendlier site, I rarely read and even more rarely post on the blue side. Here in Crete the internet speed is good so maybe I will get a chance to look at some of Grandad's videos.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@FABlux - FYI Grandad has gone all high tech and even has night vision cameras going now! ;) His other camera has a super long lens so Grandad is able to get shots from quite a ways away.
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

@LLL thank you. After much searching (and asking Barry how to :oops:) I have found Grandad's youtube channel & watched several of his wonderful videos, have added it to my toolbar so I don't lose it. Have never subscribed to youtube as my laptop didn't seem to like it but obviously it is wildlife friendly & played those fine :)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

FABlux wrote:@LLL thank you. After much searching (and asking Barry how to :oops:) I have found Grandad's youtube channel & watched several of his wonderful videos, have added it to my toolbar so I don't lose it. Have never subscribed to youtube as my laptop didn't seem to like it but obviously it is wildlife friendly & played those fine :)
Nothing professional Fab, I just post the odd clip as a 'snap' so that friends on here can see what is going on in my backyard. Only thing is they are then open to the world :lol: :lol:
BBLUX
France

Post by BBLUX »

Just testing that I have remastered uploading images again.
This should show the 2 cats that greeted us when we arrived back in Sitia.

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Childs play really Barry. :lol: Do you rent an apartment, and always the same one?

You will find that as 'new blood' on here we will have lots of questions. :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I'll second that that there are a few of us who seem to have enquiring minds ;)
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

I was just thinking today that an entry in our 'Travelogue' section on Sitia - and Greece in general - would be very welcome! Yes, BBLux? :up
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Another thing for Fablux and BBLux! You said it's your third season in Sitia, I think. May I ask what made you choose to go to that particular place, and how long do you stay each year? As Grandad has said, it would be interesting to hear your perspectives of Greece in general. Have you noticed many changes over the last few years since the upheaval with the euro last year?
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

Yes it is our third longish stay in Sitia, the first time was in 2013 when we only booked for 3 days. That year we travelled all round the island staying at several different places for periods of 3 days to a week.

Will put a post on the Travelogue section later, going shopping now as virtually all the shops close Saturday lunchtime and reopens Monday. We learnt that the hard way our first stay :(