Should these women live?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Should these women live?

Post by Grandad »

In 2014 a little 2 year old boy, Liam Fee, died of about 30 horrible wounds inflicted on his little body by his mother and her lesbian partner. They were also found guilty of abusing 2 other children. They have both been found guilty of murder and will be sentenced, no doubt to life imprisonment.

This was another example where social services had been alerted but they failed to act such as to save this little boys life. How many times do we hear similar stories with the conclusion that "This must never happen again"? Well it does happen again and until social services grow some teeth it will continue to happen.

But what really riles me is that these disgusting women will live, albeit behind bars. They took Liams life and I am firmly of the belief that they should lose theirs.

In another case last week, a reckless driver caused two young sisters in another car to be paralysed from the waist down for the rest of their lives. There was a dashcam in the girls parents car and the evidence was indisputable. But the other driver was given just a four and a half years sentence, a short ban from driving and he must retake a driving test. He will probably be freed from prison in two years or so.

Is there any justice any more. I am so sad for little Liam and the now crippled sisters but when will the punishments really fit the crimes???

:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Should these women live?

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Sadly in our society swinging far far far - too far - to liberal values we (society) do not seem to want to really punish anybody anymore. As a criminal you have far more RIGHTS than I do.

Not to politicize this but for the first time in a long time Donald Trump, a pretty old fashioned guy with very conservative values is the front runner. At the start of his campaign he said he doesn't have time to be "PC" about everything and is going to say it like it is. He has collected a HUGE following as IMO many people are getting real tired of all the namby pambies walking amongst us who always give the criminal an out, don't want to be mean to anybody (even if they whole heartedly deserve it) and who excuse many criminals who they say have had a bad life, a hard life and oh oh oh come up with so many excuses for them!

In my own opinion IF you have deliberately committed a heinous crime intentionally with malice and fore thought they you life is worth NIL. I further believe it is actually MORE humane to terminal the life than to prolong it in a cage. We wouldn't do it to an animal so we shouldn't do it to a human.

That is really totally terrible re: the little boy. I have some knowledge of social services and sadly any power they may have had here has been taken away and tempered down to where they are basically useless as they have minimal to no power to act. They can react only after the fact and are not able to do anything proactively even if they know beyond a shadow of a doubt how dysfunctional a family might be. There is more need to protect the adults right than to save a child!
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

A bl**dy sad and twisted world we live in LLL. As you say, the guilty seem to have more rights than the victims. :xx

As an aside, I heard a 'tongue in cheek' comment the other day that if Trump becomes President, Canada will build a wall along its frontier with the US to keep out fleeing American immigrants :lol: :lol:
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Yeah that has been the latest joke going about. Apparently many of the really Liberal movie stars are threatening publically to flee. Course they've never considered that we don't want them either! There are the do-gooders who always find fault with the working middle class person cause ALL the poor have been ill done to......

I'm not a fan of allowing prisoners to just sit and do nothing. IMO if you're in jail you're working. I see nothing wrong with Work Farms or assembly line work - AND if you make the choice NOT TO WORK then you're also making the choice NOT TO EAT. No work = no shower, no work = no TV - anyway there is entire scale of escalating perks that can be taken away until you get the idea that you have to do something productive to get something positive.
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Yes, in a case with obvious guilt I would bring back the death penalty but NOT build it into a theatrical farce like america, I am more of the wall and gun execution. I can think of several people I would like to help stand at the wall - - - Check this page out - this man has done so much good, now the higher ups are turning on him . . . . . http://www.msco.org./About/Sheriff.aspx
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Jayway - when I open your link I get a page that indicates 'Mug Shots/ DUI etc' but no names.

I think much of our legal system needs to be IMMEDIATELY revised to allow us to work with todays felons. We're basically operating off a very old set of laws and rules designed for another time. Today we're changing fast and I think crimes and punishments need to be revised to reflect the criminals of today.

Is a terrorist a criminal? Should they be treated as a criminal or should they be coming under a totally different subset of laws? Should these laws be administered via a multi country system or the country where they occurred? If multi-country which countries get to sit on the panel? i.e. Terrorists have been killing their own for longer than they've been attacking us. The laws of some of the countries i.e. Saudi are pretty swift. Do we adopt their approach?

If you are convicted of a crime - any crime - should this be made public or kept in a register ANYBODY can access at any time? And is there ever a time that an historical crime could or should be forgiven?

In the case of these two women I know I'd have no sympathy at all for what they did. They'd be separated for life and now enjoy a life of enforced labour (at a minimum). Depending on what psychological testing says I could definitely not burden the jails with them.
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

My link changed itself, it put the (http) bit in front and now , yes you are right LLL, goes to a different site. I wanted you to see ----About Sheriff Joe Arpaio ---- google that .. It is Sheriff Joes whole career, a man who is completely politically incorrect !
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Sheriff Joe has always spoken his mind with LOTS of common sense. His motto is something to the effect "if you don't like my jail and the way it is run then don't come back!" Basically you ARE in jail to be punished. It isn't a Holiday Inn.

Sheriff Joe has met with criticism when he got at extremely cheap prices PINK clothes for his prisoners. His argument is again what difference does the colour make? It is clothes, it is saving the tax payer millions of dollars and as a prisoner you're on a fashion runway. Prisoners in his jail do NOT get A/C, get two meals a day. They definitely do hard time and most probably do NOT want to come back.

He has had lots of common sense ideas and we really really need MORE Sheriff Joes!