Magic!

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Magic!

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I love Magic Erasers. I don't know what is in them that makes them so terrific at removing almost everything but I love 'em. Just found this list of other uses:

10 Clever Uses For Magic Erasers

Most of us have had the chance to use a magic eraser at some point. They are white sponges that magically clean just about anything and everything, a real staple in any home. Now, if you have been using them for a while, maybe the novelty of them has worn off. Well, those sponges have more uses then you would think and most times you can use them on things you didn’t think you could. Check out the list below for 10 clever uses for magic erasers:
1.Clean the inside and outside of special small appliances such as: Kitchen mixer, outside of the toaster, inside and outside of a slow cooker etc.
2.Coffee mugs stained with years of coffee and lipstick? A magic eraser will take those marks right off!
3.Use them to remove rust from virtually any surface!
4.Sticky label on a jar that just won’t give? Give the jar a good soak in hot water and then take the magic eraser to it to remove the residue.
5.Cut the eraser in half and leave it in your toilet bowl overnight. With a good soak it will remove toilet bowl rings.
6.These sponges work perfect for getting your grout and tile clean. Simply use a wet sponge and start scrubbing, you’ll be amazed at the dirt removal.
7.Remove pen, permanent marker and any other drawing tool off of walls and floors with one quick swipe.
8.Magic erasers have also been known to remove ink stains off of jeans. However, test a small area first for discoloration.
9.If you don’t have time for a full house clean, take the magic eraser and give every room a quick touch up. From light switches to counter tops, your house will sparkle in no time!
10.Lastly, these magic sponges work great for any stains on shirt collars. Simply, dampen the sponge and scrub. Again, stick with white shirts only or spot test before doing the whole collar.

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: Magic!

Post by Mad Dilys »

Thanks for those tips, I'll use mine more in future. :up
Smile! It confuses people
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

What is a Magic eraser? :ni:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Geezzzz & here's me thinking it was something new in our photography programs ;) :lol:
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

LLL number five is disgusting :sk - I do have several magic erasers, I call them bleach, ammonia and elbow grease. Never seen your sponges. Do you think they would be good for cleaning my saddle ? ;)
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Thanks for the link, Horus. Well, well, well! You learn something new every day! :D
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I've used Magic Erasers for a couple years now as they're terrific at taking scuff marks off walls. I have no idea what the 'magic' aka chemical composition of them is but they really do work like magic in disappearing marks from surfaces.

I've never used them for anything else - would have never crossed my mind to cut one in half and drop it into a toilet overnight but I always keep a pack of them around now.

As for washing off a saddle - Hmmm Mmmm - no idea how they'd work on leather.