Premier League Football

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Premier League Football

Post by Grandad »

I have never been a fan of the game of football. At grammar school I would avoid it if possible and then when I changed at 13 to Technical School, field sport was not part of the curriculum. I did play cricket but that was about the limit of my team sports.
As far as the national game is concerned I only take an interest if the national team is involved, such as world cup. Leicester City has been prominent in the headlines recently with the possibility of them becoming Premier League Champions, after starting the season as 5000 to 1 outsiders. Another premier league match last evening between Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea could decide if Leicester had won the league. The result of that match was a draw so Leicester City are indeed League Champions for 2015-16.
I heartily congratulate them for their achievement as underdogs and the fact that this will bring considerable financial reward to the club.
Last evening I watched highlights of the Spurs/Chelsea match and I must say I was disgusted with the behavior of the teams on the pitch. Brawling, eye gouging, verbal antagonism; and for Spurs, 9 yellow cards. These are teams in one of the highest and most respected football leagues in the world. The players are payed in millions of pounds and live a very affluent lifestyle. These players are supposed to be role models for the younger members of the community. It is also little wonder to me that behavior on the pitch often roles over to behavior in the stands.
Congratulations and well done to Leicester but shame on Spurs and Chelsea for a disgusting display of bad sportsmanship. :xx

:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Premier League Football

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

The Spurs must be related to some of our hockey teams who thinking brawling and roundhouse punching are how to play the game. I think almost every Canadian child aspires to be a hockey star and parents start them off soon as they're walking with skates on their feet but sometimes the fighting on the ice is really bad. All these kids are looking up to the Hockey Greats and while some of the guys are great roll models lots of them are not.
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Re: Premier League Football

Post by Jayway »

AS you posted this Grandad, I had a look at the Liverpool/Vilareal last night. I see what you mean, hardly football at all, more wrestling, all the training and the money they get and cant even play the game properly.