What are you doing today?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Grandad »

What am I doing today?.......Sulking!
Kiya is off to Vegas on Monday, Bigken is planning exciting holidays for 2019, and LLL is sunning herself in Mexico. We don't have any plans for 2019 holidays yet so those new cases could still go back :lol:

My highlight of the day was a glaucoma eye appointment at 4.30pm at the hospital. Yes that's right 4.30 on a Saturday afternoon. What's more I didn't get home until nearly 7pm by taxi :lol:

The good news, I saw the top honcho, the bad news; the pressures are too high and he has referred me for lazer treatment in both eyes even though my right eye is effectively blind.

He was a really nice guy helping to reduce the local backlog. He is based at Queens in London. I asked him what is his home country because he was.obviously middle eastern. Syria, he replied. Ah, so your boss man is also an eye surgeon, I said. No, he is a criminal, came his reply......

:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Grandad - what will lazer therapy do? And what all does that entail? And can it be done locally or is this going to require you're taxiing all over the country?
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

LLL, the procedure will be done in my local hospital eye department. I asked Mr Almousa what the objective was for the lazer treatment. He said he wants to open the duct to allow the pressure in the eyeball to drop and reduce the risk of further progressive glaucoma. It won't stop it but it should slow the process down.
I have said that my mother was a glaucoma sufferer and I inherited it from her. :(
:gg:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Sounds as if you are in good hands Grandad very best wishes for a success outcome. :up
Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Sounds good. I couldn't think what laser would do but that makes sense.

Also makes me marvel at how microscopically small these Doctors are working and the precision needed to accomplish their tasks. Amazing the technology that has been developed.

Best wishes for a positive outcome.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Wonderful day, feeling good and just waved goodbye to a vanload of stuff donated to Dog's Trust. :up
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Well, we fortunately have very little snow. thank goodness as I have to go to the Doctor this morning just to check before the weekend that the clot I have in my leg isn't infected. I don't think is, but it's in an inconvenient place for me to monitor.

This week I should have been starting my new 24 week physio course - seems cursed from the outset. :lol:

Monday the Technician rang exactly as I got out of the shower and I couldn't get to the phone in time. I don't have a contact number for her so rang the supervising Physio. who had a word with her and said she would be ringing me back. The next morning one hour later than normal, I was getting out of the shower...…………. and the phone rang. Perfect timing, weird.

Anyway, she did call later and arranged to come yesterday afternoon, but didn't turn up! This morning if I'm at the Doctor's when she rings I can't use my phone ……………. and all with best will in the world, I couldn't make this up. Is the Universe trying to tell me something? :lol: