What are you doing today?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@MD - you've got it at this one: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=plect ... ds&ie=&oe=

This is what it is although a better clearer photo probably would have helped in identifying it. I'll get a better shot of it in a bit but it is this one. I don't think I've ever seen this before either however good to know, as per the plant description - 'something of a succulent' so probably best not to re-pot it with the fern!

The form of the ficus in this mixed pot is somewhat loose and low. Hoping it'll survive another transplant as I have a pre-set notion that ficus are finnicky persnickity plants. They'll either love they home or hate it by way of never really giving up the ghost and outright dying vs slowly growing one leaf a week whilst dropping one leaf per week.

Hopefully when I find and go to this (new to me) Nursery I'll see this little plant in a pot and can ask the Nursery person about it and what it needs here. I quite like it as a colourful bushy little plant.

The fern I'm not holding out much hope for beyond my trip. Will have to see if I can find somebody to babysit it otherwise like 2 other ferns I've had it'll be DOA when I get back after being gone 3 weeks. Will see but I might also try planting it directly into a much bigger pot than it is in now.

TODAY - I'm waiting for the hot tub repair guy to arrive. Something isn't working right on the hot tub and I don't have a clue at all. It came with the house (they're really quite popular here) and so I use it but would not have ever installed one. They're nice but ? Lots of messing with the water although the stores here test your water for free.

If I was actually going to install something I think I would have rather had an infrared sauna. They're pretty popular here as well.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Mmm, have to say that to my eyes it does not look like the same plant as in your link, but as you are on the spot so to speak you can tell better than we can, why don't you show the guy at the nursery your picture.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Very heavy frost this morning but I needed to blow the last of the leaves, for collection on Thursday, before the forecast rain arrived later. In the afternoon I watched the last episode of the 'Blitz: The Bombs that Changed Britain' series from BBC. This was a documentary series of some personal experiences in four cities during the Blitz of 1940/41. An excellent series that did not appeal to Mrs G so I have had to catch up when she is otherwise engaged. :lol:

@Mad Dilys @Ruby Slippers There was a lovely little piece in Countryfile that might interest you, and others. David Essex went down memory lane remembering hop picking in the hop fields of Robertsbridge near Tenterden. Lots of old footage and worth a watch. It was memory lane for me as well particularly when he said they used to go off climbing trees and scrumping apples. Took me back. :lol:
:gg:
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Unfortunately I don't get control of the TV remote until 8pm tonight, Grandad, and it will be for just one hour! :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I was out to a concert re: Singing Christmas Tree this evening. Lovely singing and lots of join in opportunities for us (the audience) to join in and sing along to all the old time traditional Christmas carols.

The remainder of my day was a marathon of housecleaning - blitz'd it all and basically got lots of all the needed doing done.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I was on a house cleaning blitz yesterday with more to follow today. The weather is still fairly miserable so I have no intention or desire to go through the door although I do still have a load of local Christmas cards to deliver. I also have an appointment at the Eye Clinic this Wednesday so had better get my skates on with my little jobs as time is flying by.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Funnily enough, I too am on a blitz today - and probably the rest of this week. Beautiful day here so far, so DH is going shopping while I get on.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Funny how just before Christmas you all seem to get the urge for an early spring clean. And Mrs G is no exception having been busy with vac and steam mop yesterday and I cleared the remaining leaves on the patio, so I suppose we all get the bug. :lol:

As RS said, it is a lovely day in this corner today, sorry Horus ;) I am still monitoring the wild nightlife. Just the one pair of foxes who should be copulating in the next few weeks.....Oh to catch that on my camera, Ooooo! painful :lol: :lol:

Will probably wrap some pressies this afternoon. Not many to do because most will receive money to spend as they chose. :a52:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

As there is just myself and Annie and the general dust level has decreased by 90% after the moggy went to the great scratching post in the sky, I am amazed at why I clean up so much? I have just cleaned down all of the kitchen wall units and all the white goods, even the cooker extractor hood had a good going over. Next came the wall tiles and work surfaces, then a detailed clean of the cooker itself including all those fiddly bits around the controls. All the bits on the burners (gas cooker) removed, cleaned and replaced, just got the pan supports in for a soak then that will be all done, ready to give the floor tiles a wash and a polish, then go round with a duster on all the other bits in there before giving the sink and drainer that final sparkle. Then I can sit back and think to myself Wow! That looks no different than when I started this morning and I still have the bathroom to do. :(
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Busy day! Changing the bed, washing bedding, vacuuming through downstairs, making and freezing three batches of pastry, making lunch for myself and DH........all the little everyday things! I now have presents to wrap, dinner to prepare and cook, the kitchen floor to wash, the bathroom to clean...... :urm: Unsurprisingly, some of it can wait until tomorrow! :D
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I don't think anything is going to happen today - woke up slightly dizzy, slightly feverish, slight just not up to par so sitting in my chair under a blanket...
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:I don't think anything is going to happen today - woke up slightly dizzy, slightly feverish, slight just not up to par so sitting in my chair under a blanket...

Oh dear, LLL! You can do without that right now! Stay under your blanket until you recover! :(
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I bet you picked up flu or a cold at that carol service, keep warm and rest up :(
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Well I've slept almost all day. Shivering :a55: :a55:and still feeling a tad dizzy (very slight). Hope it all leaves FAST (as it arrived - NOT welcome, NOT wanted, UN-invited, Intruding ...... :sk
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Get well before Christmas :rs
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Rant coming up! I've just gone to wash the kitchen floor with a new mop that I had asked DH to get me. Honestly, he must have bought the cheapest one he could find because it has absolutely soaked the floor! I didn't notice at the time and he just put it in place of the old mop and threw the old one out, so I was forced to use the new one too! Men!!! I bet if it was something for cleaning his car, he'd have got the best available! :xx
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Typical women, always moaning, :D the poor lad did his best and what thanks does he get? :lol: :wf2:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Ruby Slippers wrote:I bet if it was something for cleaning his car, he'd have got the best available! :xx
He's not stupid, your DH, RS. ;) I reckon cleaning the car is where it will end up and much quicker than cloths and chamois. :lol: :lol:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I wrapped the pressies yesterday afternoon so Christmas stuff is all done.
Received a couple of cards from former work colleagues that I have not heard from for a long time so I wrote longish letters to them both and sent with a card.
I am going a little bit techie this Christmas. We don't really buy each other presents, we each buy things that we would like and call them presents. Mrs G has already got her new DAB radio for the kitchen and I have ordered a Lola Rose necklace that will be here before Christmas.
I count my Kindle Fire as a birthday present so my Amazon Echo that arrived this morning and my Amazon Hive starter kit that is on its way will be regarded as Chrissie pressies. More boys toys to play with :lol: :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Feeling quite a bit better today and now just feel slightly off. Must've had a 24 hour version of something.

No intention of doing much of anything today cause I've woke up to a WHITE WINTER WONDERLAND although most of the 'wonder' is me ...... "wonder if they'll plough my street? Wonder if I can get the car out? Wonder if it there is going to be ice frozen under the snow? Wonder if it is worth it to venture out there to get to the store or should I just wait 'til tomorrow?"