What are you doing today?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I dunno what Tramadol is (other than a narcotic), have never taken it but getting 200 of any narcotic isn't good!

@RS - I just looked on the Blue and read the posts and you have NOTHING to feel bad about.

As for today - I've shopped, saw the Dermatologist and have no skin issues (WOO HOO) and am now back at the Hotel having a cuppa. Wish this particular hotel had a restaurant in it cause I don't feel like going back out but did yesterday buy a pre-cooked chicken + salad so do have supper for myself.

TheBee2
Egypt

Post by TheBee2 »

Today I woke up early, had a nice breakfast with family, send kids to school and now I will cook some nice lunch. After was planning to see some new property to buy in Egypt through Tranio as we need more space and in the evening was planing to go and watch a movie with kids.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

From Spain to Egypt? As a holiday home or permanently?
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Welcome to the forum TheBee2, mind if I call you TB2? I'm usually called MD by my daughters (My name isn't Dilys by the way) I'm hoping to move to Ibiza next year!
Smile! It confuses people
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

You are very welcome 'TB2' ;) Always great to see a new member on here.
We tend to be lazy typists and abbreviate where possible so please don't be offended if you become TB2. We also have MD (Mad Dylis) RS (Ruby Slippers) BK (Bigken) and LLL (Lovely Lady Lux). Even I am sometimes GD :lol: Horus tends to remain Horus but we do use the personal 'H'.
I am blabbing on but as (I think) the senior member (84 next Thursday), I tend to do that. ;)
:gg:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Forgot to mention; miserable day today so mrs G and I sat at the table and did the Christmas cards. Another chore out of the way.
I love Christmas.........Bah Humbug! :lol:
BBLUX
France

Post by BBLUX »

Just to make you all feel a bit better or maybe jealous.
Fran and I went up to the roof of the Thebes Hotel at lunchtime. An excellent wide ranging menu and our choices were delicious. The view across to the mountain today was absolutely stunning. Crystal clear air as far as you could see and a brilliant blue sky. Warm sunshine on our backs to ease the aches. Bliss 8)

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Oh do shut up BB ;) :lol:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Please don't let my jealousy spoil your day BB. ;)

Been so dark here in Cardiff that I've had the lights on all day. Still I have had a lot of days in Luxor in the past, so must control myself. :a6:
Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I going to match BBLUX in that I left the hotel in the dark at 6am. Made it to the Ferry and got on (last car and 1 sailing earlier than anticipated) but I also got a front row seat on the upper deck out front and watched a sunny and totally clear horizon complete with cliffs and trees and gentle white capped water.

Am all unpacked, alerted everybody I'm home and am now enjoying a cuppa & a gloriously snapping cold but bright and sunny day.

Welcome to E4U TB2 from LLL - and 'yes' OMG we do use LOTS of ABCDEFGs!!! ;) ;) Hope your househunting goes well. Housing prices here have gone through the roof the past couple of years but then that has also brought higher taxes. No idea how young couples just starting out can afford to ever purchase a house. It is like accepting a HUGE financial obligation every month.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

This morning it is snapping cold at a MINUS 2! Everything has a cover of white on it and even looks cold.

Am heading out today for #2 Prolotherapy shot. I do think the first one has helped. Can't really give a percentage of how much the pain has decreased but I'd estimate probably close to half. Really hoping this series of 3 shots does the trick.

Got the Christmas lights hung outside yesterday. Not a big deal as I can stand on a stool and reach the eves with the clip so that is a 15 minute job especially when the sun is out. My street really goes all out with lights and a few of the neighbours even hire companies to come and do their roof lines plus front yard displays. I've still got to put out the 4 inflatables I have but that is a job for today or tomorrow.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@TB2 - did you get to look at properties? Interesting to know what the real estate market is like there now.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Thursday weekly shopping this morning then this afternoon I had the echo cardiogram that I should have had a couple of weeks ago. I don't find the sound very encouraging when they turn up the volume to listen to each heart valve. Too much slurping for my liking :lol: I will have to wait and see what the report says......all I know is that it WAS still working :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I got the second Prolotherapy shot in my bum this morning before pottery. Last week he gave it to me and while I felt it a little bit it was all ok. This one today - was a major OUCH! He said that he was going to inject into the "old bruises still left from last week" which I heard him say but I was figuring since last week went so well it would be a total piece of cake today. Had to leave pottery early due to the ache and now am watching a repeat episode of "Vikings" on TV whilst nursing my hip. I'm totally good with this IF it finally fixes me just wasn't expecting this one would hurt.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

If there ain't no pain, there ain't no gain. ;) ;)

Hope it does the trick for you in the long run LLL :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Grandad - not that I usually talk about my bum but it was quite achey yesterday. This morning however I'm feeling fine and moving much easier with NO pain. Just hope it stays this way. Am off for coffee and a chat this morning but WOW is it COLD out there! Not Artic front as we're at minus 2C but pretty darn snapping cold and a blanket of white frost on everything.

Have sewing to do this afternoon and then am out for a Christmas dinner with the Daughter & Son-in-Laws parents.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Went for a scoot to the post office to post a parcel and get a newspaper. Nice bright morning but windy and chilly.
Then pre Christmas lunch at the George and Dragon in Fordwich Town with my sister and her husband. We really like this venue, good service, good food and moderate prices. My turn to pick up the tab ;)
Nice little promo touch as we left. We were each given a printed envelope inviting the holder to have a meal for up to 6 people between 2 January and 13 February at which time an envelope can be opened and there is a guarantee that each one contains a voucher for 25% or 50% off the total food bill. (only one envelope can be opened each visit) That might help to boost business in the low season...
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Cute looking building and also cute to hear you're "out for a scoot"!

Today here is dismal and just pouring down rain. Really yuck looking so so far I'm doing laundry and baking a loaf of bread in the machine. Not exactly exciting.

Last night I went out to a "Prime Timers" aka senior Christmas dinner with the daughters in-laws. Was a nice evening and nice to catch up with them. Some carol singing, kids choir and number pulling for gift giving (won a writing book). Turkey, ham, stuffing, sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli on the agenda. Desserts came out and everybody got to pick their own from about 10 selections. I was lucky enough to get a plate of fruit (I say lucky as they didn't have that many).
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Grey and pouring down rain today. Feel like going back to bed and sleeping the day away. Not overly cold but just looking out the window isn't too inspiring to get out there and actually DO something. Think I'll pour a second cup and mull over what I might want to get up to or down to today.

Actually do you 'get up to stuff'? OR do you 'get down to it?'

Ahhhh give the weather maybe I need to 'get over it'!
:up :rs :up
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Actually do you 'get up to stuff'? OR do you 'get down to it?'
I must have had a senior moment, you lost me there LLL?

The highlight of my day was to go to a local clinic for my first Annual Diabetic Eye Screening. I went by local buses but waiting for the return bus I had to ask another guy if it was a number 21 because the dilation drops had left my eyes so blurred. As I type this it is now 5 hours since the drops were used and my eyes have still not fully cleared.
Good job I didn't go on the scooter :(