What are you doing today?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Grandad - you got a picture of a cow! You should've put it in the WILDLIFE sections! :)))

I'm feeling your pain Grandad - I haven't seen ANY wildlife around here. I took the camera with me yesterday when I slopped along the marsh path and didn't see a sparrow let alone the swans. I could see them as white dots way way way in the background but NOTHING was around. I only passed 1 other walked with his two old dogs and it did cross my mind to take their photos! ;)

BUT the marsh does look nice.

I'm waiting for a day of dry and then just a tiny bit of sun to come out and I'll get down to some of the other parks. Given lots of our parks are on the open water it can get DARN cold walking and getting hit with wind off the water.

Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Great farm photo, so clear. I thought about housework but it really didnt appeal so I made more lemon cubes for my morning drink. Then as it was sunny I dug up some strawberry plants, potted them and put them in the shed, there is something wrong with their timeclock, they are covered with flowers and strawberries that just go grey and rot. Washed and hung out one load which was dry by 4pm. Then fire lit, net, tv and locked the door.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

I actually sat and watched TV for a couple of hours! Most unusual on a Saturday evening. I watched 'Warhorse' and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I sympathise with your lonely day out Grandad :D I have many similar ones, camera in hand and 'nowt' to take a picture of. :lol: Having said that a bleak Winter landscape when everything is brown and the trees and hedgerows are bare can in itself have a certain beauty, I think that is why the accounts of my walks often wax lyrical because there is nothing to photograph. :lol: :lol:

I spent most of yesterday trying to sort out my TV's Wi-Fi connection, I finally succeeded with one of those plug in things that extends the range of your Router. The biggest problem was that I was given it without any instructions, so apart from not knowing how it was supposed to work, I did not have a clue as to how it was supposed to be configured to work with my TV and my home network so it was a massive learning curve with many failed attempts, eventually around 10 pm I cracked it. :up

My big problem now is tidying up all the various power supplies and cables as they are now staring me in the face. With the old setup all the cables and sockets would be hidden as a ‘rats nest’ behind the TV, but now even if I come down the wall with a cable duct to hide the wires I will still have to look at the power outlets and plugs. Methinks some judicious placing of ornaments is called for. ;)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

A nice tall orchid methinks ;) :lol:
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Grandad wrote:A nice tall orchid methinks ;) :lol:
I could give it a try :lol:

I am quite pleased with myself today as I have just struck a cracking deal with BT to get my internet on fibre optics at 38 Mbs with unlimited download for ........... wait for it ..... an extra £7 p/m on my phone bill, :D and saying as I pay Sky somewhere in the region of £12 to £ 13 for a crappy bog standard connection that barely makes 2.4 Mbs on a good day, I reckon I have a bargain as it will actually save me £5 to £6 p/m on my internet and I will have at least a 14 times faster connection ..... result! :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

So far today I'm not doing much. Got the hedge and tree dug out yesterday and reviewed with the fellow all the other work I want done so today I guess I should start going to the different lumber yards and start looking for the wood. I dunno that I'm feeling energetic enough to do that. My mood kinda mimics the weather which is pretty blah. Yesterday ended up in a laundry/vacuum everything/dishwasher on morning so today unless I want to scrub it all again I have very little in the house by way of a task I need to do.

When I was working I'd of given my eye teeth for a day like today but right now - hmmmm - rather bored. That could change in a sec but 'til I have another cup of coffee not much is sparking my interest.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I expect the 38mb had 'up to' in front of it H. I have a similar figure on my Talktalk package but seldom get anywhere near that.
Just checked while on here and it read 27.8 download and 2.04 upload. That is better than most times when I check.

But on the subject of communications costs I got an email today with this months bill. I have ALL calls 'free', unlimited fibre broadband, and TV with Youview and all the bits that come with that. They over charge for line rental at £17.70 and the inclusive bill is £48.39, never been that high before. :(
I shall be making a call to see what they can shave off that. :xx
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

They are saying that here I should expect nearly that figure, but more likely 35 Mbs, I am only about 100 yards as the crow flies from the Fibre Optic box ;) so should get a good connection ............. hopefully, we'll see :st (they were making tests on the line speed as we were speaking)

As to the bill. I now have my line rental (BT) unlimited weekday & Weekend phone calls (max 60 minute durations) caller ID & Call Blocking plus my new Unlimited Fibre Optic Broadband and it will cost me £32.99 P/M :up (because they like me :lol: :lol: )
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I have all that you mention H plus Talktalks online security (that is actually very good and free) plus my Youview TV , so on balance perhaps it is not too bad.....I might still try it on though.....they don't like it if you say you will look elsewhere ;)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

But isn't the Youview TV something that anyone can get? and I doubt that it would cost you £15, as to online security well they all pretty well include that sort of thing in their packages now days ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I guess I'm starting to realize with this particular thread is that I usually don't have a clue what I'm going to do in the morning and only know what I'm going to do once I've done it! ;)

Ended up going out in the yard when the sun finally came out and pulled up an entire back corner of ivy that has taken over the entire corner of the backyard. It was easy to pull up off the ground and some I laced through the chain link fence. I think went around the front and snipped off all the old dead flower heads I hadn't gotten around to, snipped back the sedums (wow they're all set to push up) and can see most of my daffs are now up about 2" and the crocus have all sprouted too.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

The car desperately needs a good clean........might think about that.........still thinking :lol:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Grandad wrote:The car desperately needs a good clean........might think about that.........still thinking :lol:
Automatic Car Wash ;)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I really must catch up on a bit of housework, but maybe I will try and make a suitable screen for the TV cables instead as that sounds more interesting ;)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Horus wrote:
Grandad wrote:The car desperately needs a good clean........might think about that.........still thinking :lol:
Automatic Car Wash ;)
Then I stagnate even more :lol: Am in the middle of it now, a lot of mud on the cills so pressure washer needed.......at least that still works. Now tyres and fluids then done for a few months. :lol: :lol:
Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

The nice chaps from khazakstan at Tesco do my jeep for £7 while i get my shopping. Lazy i know, but its a big beast of a car and rather they get wet than me :D
Dont get your knickers in a knot. It solves nothing and just makes you walk funny
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Like it Robbo, I cannot think of a more boring task than car washing :zz
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Robbo70 wrote:The nice chaps from khazakstan at Tesco do my jeep for £7 while i get my shopping. Lazy i know, but its a big beast of a car and rather they get wet than me :D
After todays full valet I am coming round to yours and Horus's thinking Robbo. We have Bulgarians at Sainsburys and they certainly do a very good job.

I am surprised that you have Kazakhs doing the job up your way Robbo. I really didn't know that we had immigrants coming here from Kazakhstan, thought that was quite a prosperous country after the break up of the USSR......
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Today is the twins birthday - SIX!! I'm picking them up from school (early release on Mondays) and we're going to go out for special fries and double hamburger then home. Their party will be Saturday but they still know TODAY is the day! ;)