What are you doing today?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Horus »

Can't sayI know the answer to that one, I suppose that is why we get some sort of immunity to a disease, some will die as a result of an infection, but some survive and pass on some sort of protection. Very few viruses actually want to kill their host, the majority will just use us as a means of transmission, it is the bodies inability to respond to the attack that kills us off.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I am sitting here at my PC with the patio doors open to the garden, Annie is as usual nipping in and out and occasionally coaxing me to follow her into the garden in search of the elusive Hedgehog she thinks lives in the bottom of the big Ivy plant on a fence. It is noticeable when I go outside how strange the sky is today, an almost yellowish tinge is very perceptible. At the moment the tail end of Storm Ophelia is about to hit Ireland and then move in across parts of the UK and this strange sky looks like some sort of portent of what we here are about to experience later in the day, batten down the hatches. :o
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Hope the weather doesn't get TOO extreme there.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I think we just got side swiped by it, still a bit on the breezy side and not many leaves left on my trees, but it is calming down now. The funny coloured sky seems to be the result of sand from Spain becoming airborne and acting like a filter for the sun.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

The sky here in the south east turned a most peculiar colour at around 4pm and the sun before that was odd looking too! Then it suddenly turned really dark - almost like an eclipse, and we could smell smoke.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

It was like that between 9.00 and 10.30 here, very strange.

Only seen something rather similar when I was about 10 years old and we at our beach hut in Gurnard on the Isle of Wight - there was a huge storm over the mainland eventually. We didn't have a spot of rain or more than a gentle breeze. We sat and watched as the sky went from what my mother called "Brassy" and changed to dark green and gradually to purple - that's when the lightening started. It was a very long time ago, but I remember it very well. We watched for at least 4 hours and no one dared to enter the water, I don't know why. ;)
Smile! It confuses people
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Same up here with strange coloured skies, the wind didn't come to much but rain at times.

My lights were on 3.00pm to see as it was so dark and had a burning smell around the house, a few time I checked around the house making sure everything was ok :)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Just getting my sea legs. Sod ophelia. Yuk!

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
:gg:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Just getting my sea legs. Sod ophelia. Yuk!

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Whoops, double post. Contrary to what we said in July, we ARE on a 12 night cruise. We go from Soton to Madeira then 3 of the canary Isles and call at La Coruna on the way home. More when we get home on 28th. Cant stand this split keyboard on the iPad. :(
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

See I knew you would enjoy cruising ;) anyway have a really nice holiday and I hope the weather is OK for you both. Don't forget to make the most of everything available onboard.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Cheers mate. Arrive Madeira mid day tomorrow. 24 degrees right now and rising. Sun and cloudless sky. Hope that continues.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Well that must be better than my weather here today, been raining all day, it will be dark by 6 pm.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@ Grandad and Mrs Grandad - Have a fantastic trip! :) The call of the seas must have beckoned.

I'm just back from a couple days away south of the border. Had some biopsies done (skin) and will get the results maybe this Friday or early next week.

I find all the Dermatologist somewhat chastise - 'Didn't you use sun block when you were a kid?' And I say 'no' as purchasing "sunblock" was probably the very very very last thing on my parents shopping list way back when when I was a kid. Soon as the sun came out I was outside all day every day and it was inevitable in the spring that I got sun burned and then hardened off with a good tan by the time fall came round.

Didn't mind at all the biopsies on my shoulder but the one in my leg - 'ouch'!

Weather was AWFUL with a capital A! It didn't rain - it POURED! and the wind didn't just blow it BLEW HARD. OMG had to hang onto the door handles of the car to keep them from blowing open or banging shut. Was totally soaked getting in and out the car. Didn't go anywhere or see anything other than HUGE raindrops splatting on the car.

Was actually a bit worried the Ferries would be running but they were and it also looks like the sun might come out for a bit today.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

It has hardly stopped raining here all day and at times its so cold I have put the CH back on again. As to sun block and creams, well I doubt it even existed when we were kids and like you we would get burnt black if we were lucky enough to get a good long Summer, oh happy days :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Another horrible cold and very windy day as we reap the tail end of Hurricane or maybe its ‘storm’ Brian, either way I doubt if many leaves will remain on my trees and bushes after this weekend. Even that is a 50/50 blessing because if the wind blows in one direction then all my leaves go elsewhere, if it blows the other way then I get my own plus my neighbours leaves, so far I reckon I am on the losing side of the equation. :st Most stuff in the garden has finished flowering with the exception of my Nasturtiums which are still going strong, I have a huge patch of them maybe 20 foot by 10 and they have had masses of flowers all through the (so called) Summer and fed quite a few bees. :up The good thing about Nasturtiums is that they seem to keep flowering right up until the first heavy frost when they suddenly look like an old wilted lettuce left in the fridge for too long. The other is that they self seed, so a relatively large area of ground is quickly covered in new plants the following year as the seeds are very hardy and pop up everywhere, they are so prolific that I usually end up hoeing many young plants to give the rest some growing space. Looking out of my conservatory at my ever increasing drifts of dead leaves starting to resemble the Sahara, my mind is turning to Grandad on his sunny cruise into the Med and hoping they are both having a lovely time and enjoying all the benefits of cruising. :up
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

It is actually the A

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Sod it, try again, clumsy fingers. It is actually the Atlantic H, Madeira, the Canaries, and North West Spain. We are in Las Palmas Gran Canaries at present. Lanzarote tomorrow. Will report after our return next weekend.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

My mistake, I thought you were off into the Med. :P
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Horus wrote:My mistake, I thought you were off into the Med. :P
But still Med temperatures. Nearly 30 today and total blue sky. Had a really nice lunch at a Tapas bar. Wanted to sit outside and not at the inside Tapas bar. Asked for a large platter with a selection of Tapas for two to share. He did us proud and all those tasty morsels were washed down with San Sebastian cider. Very nice. :up