Grandad, and tools.

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Grandad, and tools.

Post by Jayway »

Grandad, you remember the squirrel feeders you made ? Well today I had a email about the new craze in USA = SQUATTY POTTY. You can buy plastic ones OR use 5 pieces of wood, (just up your street? ) It is supposed to be very good for ones colon ! They even had a muslim toilet on E-Bay .. very strange, didnt know they were different than us - - ummmm

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Grandad, and tools.

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Jayway - ???? I'm a bit lost ..... are we talking squirrel feeders? or ? (I think I'm missing something)
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

There's also a "footrest", a semi-circular wooden ledge which goes round the bottom of the toilet. The idea being to raise the knees and assume the squatting position without having to get down to floor level. I guess it would be good for those of us with dodgy knees.
Smile! It confuses people
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

I will send you the email LLL, then you can make your own and have a wonderfully healthy colon - - - haaaa haaaa
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I just bought 4 new low flow toilets that have a bigger HOLE where the water flushes out. Makes for easier low flow flushing and here we're all about low flow. I already have low flow but apparently the open is 3" whilst the new ones are 4" so it makes for more pressure on flushing? Can't explain it but I do understand the concept.

Whomever built this house put in the cheapest of everything so it is a slow turnover to better and more reliable fixtures (so once they're in I never have to think about it again 'til I DIE! ;) ;) ;)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Several years ago now it was made law that all new toilets must have the new lower capacity flush bowls and cisterns, so instead of using seven imperial gallons per flush you used four. After this legal introduction I happend to install a new bathroom suite and can honestly say it is the worst flush I can think of, not to get too graphic, but more often than not it will require two flushes to do what one used to do quite well, so I reckon that rather than save water usage they actually increase it.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@H - that is exactly WHY I'm now installing these NEW low flush. Apparently when low flush was introduced they design was that the lower (where the poop exited the chamber pot) was 3" and it stayed 3" which doesn't create enough of an opening to get a WHOOSH and allow for everything to EXIT quickly. The extra width of the opening is supposed to help whoosh it all away.

Low flow has really only created a two flush approach.

Many toilets here have 2 buttons on top. The small button is for (ahem) small jobs of a liquid nature whilst the large button is for larger jobs ;) Same there?
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Pretty much the same LLL, we have a short flush and a longer flush, but with this reduced flow and the smaller opening it just does not work as well as the old system, if it aint broke, don't fix it. 8)