Time Change

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Time Change

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

This past Saturday night - Oct 31st we turned our clocks back 1 hour. Apparently to save daylight! :?

WHO ever invented this idea that turning a clock back by 1 hour saves you daylight? Wish we didn't have to do this AND now I've got figure out HOW to turn the clock back in the car!

Do you turn your clocks back in the UK? If you do - WHY do you do this?
I've lost the 'why' of doing it here. All I know is that it has thrown my eating cycle out as I'm hungry at 4:30pm and want supper as really it is 5:30pm.........

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Time Change

Post by Horus »

I agree it's a stupid idea and really only done for the benefit of farmers in Scotland. The darker evenings just raise the accident level and make everyone miserable, as far as I am concerned the bloody farmers can get up whenever they like, just leave my clocks alone. :x
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Theoretically it is the same idea here. Apparently some farmers somewhere can now get up and go work the fields!!! 'Cept there are NO FARMERS here so it just inconveniences everybody and throws off your natural body cycle.

In our eastern most province of Newfoundland they only change their time by 30 minutes!!! OMG - try talking to somebody there and figure out what time it is!

Anyway for me it means I'm hungry now at 4:30pm BUT I'm still awake longer into the night so usually hungry later in the evening - UGH!!!
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

We put our clocks back an hour the weekend before LLL. If we are going to keep on doing this why cannot all countries change on the same date. We are now actually on GMT. But most people agree that GMT+1 gives the best balance of daytime light.

During the war years we had 'double summer time' when the clocks were put forward 2 hours. On a clear day in mid summer it was light until nearly 11pm. Not good for getting kids to bed....

I can never understand why some countries have half hour time differences. India is 5 1/2 hours ahead of UK for instance????
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

The thing is on an international basis it makes little difference, when dealing with American companies I had to wait until around 2pm for them to get out of bed, but they still thought it was OK to phone me at 10 o’clock at night. :x
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I acknowledge the worldwide time difference H but my point is, if we change our clocks why can't we all do it on the same day? It must give businesses like airlines a bit of a headache.
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I see absolutely no reason to change time at all anymore. IF a farmer needs to get up earlier then so be it - set your alarm that is what you have an alarm for!!

I adapt better to the clock going back in the fall but it still does throw me off for a few days. Spring is more difficult as getting up that extra hour earlier is harder for me.

And - living in my own little world - I didn't realize that everybody in the rest of the world was changing their times differently. Would be an absolute nightmare for airlines and/or any business reliant on time.
Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

We flew back from Egypt on the 24th, the day/night our clocks changed in the UK. I had concerns that the flight time given could be wrong due to the change. As it was, the arrival was the right time, but the pilot was adamant it was an hour later. When I popped to the loo, I suggested to cabin crew they might want to tell the pilot to change his watch :lol:
Dont get your knickers in a knot. It solves nothing and just makes you walk funny
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Ohhhh changing your watch! :? :? Don't get me started on having to change ALL the clocks in the house that need changing AND do I ever remember to change my watch?? Noooooooo cause I rarely wear it so it is more than a 50/50 that my watch will be wrong when I pick it up if I haven't wore it for a while AND cause you're mentioning it now Robbo I'm off to specifically FIND my watch and change the time!!!

IF I'd of left it another day or two I'd of never remembered I didn't change the time!!

NOW to find it!!

I really dislike this time change stuff. AND I can never remember how to change the time on the car either....