Orca aka Killer Whales

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Orca aka Killer Whales

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

It is always super exciting to see Killer whales or orcas. They're often filmed although there are now laws where people are not allowed to get too close to them. Seems this clip started out with the whales frolicking and playing but then one of them literally threw a seal up into the air. (Personally I only hope the seal was dead first)

phpBB [video]

http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/wonder/o ... id=UP97DHP

Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Re: Orca aka Killer Whales

Post by Jayway »

Strange video LLL, whale watching popular in your area ? Does Canada have anything like Seaworld ?
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Orca aka Killer Whales

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I live on the east side of the Island in the middle and you don't need to actually leave the shore to SEE the orcas when they come through. As you go north there are more whale watching companies.

On the west side of the Island it is open Pacific Ocean and quite a few whale watching companies. This past weekend there was a tragic accident not overly far from me in Tofino where a 55' whale watching boat capsized killing 5.

http://www.bing.com/news/search?q=Tofin ... &FORM=EWRE

As for places like SeaWorld where they keep orcas - well - there used to be but they have all come public attack and outcry so I believe they're now all gone. I do know though that at the Vancouver Aquarium they've got Beluga Whales. Not as big and showy as the Orcas but they are whales nevertheless and I do NOT believe they should have them there. The Belugas do not do tricks or anything like that but they are "containerized" and in an "aquarium" so have never been happy about this.