WEATHER REPORTS FROM EVERYONE.

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: WEATHER REPORTS FROM EVERYONE.

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Calmer here BUT now we have a "Boil your water alert" as all the rain has caused 'turbidity' in our water system and we're back to having to boil water :( :( :(

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Ah the old 'Turbidity' eh? thats water company speak for "We have crap in the water" :lol:
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

OH yuk LLL . . . shorts weather here, my strawberrys have little ones on again. . . . . so the boric acid and sugar pots are out again, death to the ants - - -
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I've lived on the Island almost my entire life and NEVER did we have to boil water. Last year suddenly every community ON the Island had to start boiling. Theory at the time was that either they bought new equipment to be able to measure the turbidity (OR as some people said - turds in the water) OR somebody learned how to finally use or read the equipment already installed.

We've had mega rain which has raised up the water levels so I can see we now have LOTS of water but this sudden turbidity again? More poo-poo in the water? :doh:

We're going to need Inspector :sl: on the poo poo trail!!
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Bright this morning but very cold, weather lady says that the temperatures are set to plummet and we could get some snow :o
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Cold with heavy rain showers :)
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

It's not raining!! Yay! We've had a week of heavy rain, but the pavements are dry and there's some watery sun, how wonderful - it lifts the spirits. :up
Smile! It confuses people
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

When I went out before lunch time it was very bright with that typical low on the horizon watery sunshine binding you as you drove along. Just returned home late-ish afternoon in heavy, pouring down, cold horrible rain that could easily turn to snow :(
Good job that I put a lovely chicken curry in my slow cooker before I went out, Mmm smells delicious. ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

We had the :vc: first big freeze last night here - went down to 29F :vc: Not going to be any more leaves on any trees now!

Sun is out but it is COLD .......... BRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

We've had a howling gale since late yesterday afternoon with heavy rain........today it's sunny & windy, when unlocking the front door outside is freezing, heating on now :)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

What a horrid day. Dull, windy, rain and cold. 6 degrees today and 17 just a few days ago. :(
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Sun is out but everything is covered in a thick white frost. Colder than a witches britches! BRRR!!
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Its been bitterly cold today and ice on the ground this morning
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

The sun came out here about noon so I headed out for a cuppa and to enjoy the weather. As I drove 'round in the city to a Starbucks I couldn't help but note that on almost every street corner and down the street there are now beggars presumably homeless. I use the word Beggars as they genuine do beg/panhandle and ask for money.

Back in 2000 when I first arrived here there were 1 or 2 known individuals who because of mental illness lived on the streets. The number grew over the years to the point of creating "Camp Coyote" which was the name of the tent city that sprung up here to house legitimate homeless. The City after much debate took over some land and built quite a few very small - 1 room - permanent house structures to finally place the homeless in 1 spot and give them a modicum of residential stability & security. This didn't eliminate the homeless it just brought more to the area.

Now homeless are everywhere with easily anywhere from 2 to 6 per street corner. Rather sad commentary on the status quo here in the USA.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Very bright here today, but still very cold, at least its dry.

LLL, Here in the UK we have seen a rise in homeless people and in particular the use of ‘food banks’ by what are essentially working families. It is a sad reflection of the times we are living in, far too many have not’s and unemployed. Every country seems to be in a state of cutting back on just about everything, I don’t mean just waste and on the scroungers and feckless amongst us, but even some essential services are being hit and the genuine needy are being neglected.

All this came about after the last banking crisis and some drastic action was urgently needed to redress the situation. We have now had many years of austerity and things should be getting better, but they don’t seem to be. The big financial institutions are still making mega-bucks and many companies such as Starbucks and Amazon barely pay any taxes on their UK assets, all this while the man in the street is bearing all the burden of this austerity while those that caused it all get away unscathed.

I did see something the other day by someone who commented on the likes of Amazon displaying the French flag on their web-site banner as a sign of solidarity against the terrorists. They pointed out that if they (Amazon and the like) paid their rightful dues in taxes then that would pay for more policemen and better security and in fact they were being hypocrites.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Lots of blue sky and sunshine here today but bitterly cold! If there's one thing I hate, it's cold weather! :td
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I decided yesterday to cut another door into the gable end of my garage/workshop. It was a long and dusty job that needed to be completed in the one day, it was absolutely freezing working outside all day and it was dark before I finished fitting the door. My fingers were so cold I could not feel them, not until I slipped with my power screwdriver and put it through my thumb :cry: I leaped around so much that I was soon warm again, albeit with a throbbing thumb, still throbbing this morning, good job I type with two fingers.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

My OH is still out in it, Horus, and has been all day. He's fixing the fences that were damaged by the gale force winds we had! He's had nothing to eat since yesterday, and all he's wearing is a t-shirt and a padded shirt over the top - plus his jeans, of course! :lol: I wouldn't want him getting my neighbour in a state! :o
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Today the sun is out but it IS BRRRR (with a 4 star R on the B) COLD. Doubt it'll warm up too much but hopefully it'll be a bit warmer by the time I venture out for an afternoon cuppa.

Hope the finger is not throbbing as bad H. Hope you didn't catch the NAIL as having a bruise develop UNDER the nail can be one of the most painful things ever (and then it has to be drilled - YUCK!!!)

And - good to know your other half IS wearing pants out there in the cold RS! :))) (Cute one!)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Hope you didn't catch the NAIL as having a bruise develop UNDER the nail can be one of the most painful things ever (and then it has to be drilled
No need to drill the nail LLL, I have already done that with the screwdriver bit :cry: My daughter took one look at it today and ran off :lol: still throbbing much better though :(