WEATHER REPORTS FROM EVERYONE.

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Re: WEATHER REPORTS FROM EVERYONE.

Post by Jayway »

Out and about on my bike today, tend to keep under 60 kph as the wind is cooler now, at 90 its too cold . . . Little fluffy white clouds., very pretty. Always seems there is a lot of sky here - -

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Day before Hallowe'en here. Drizzly right now but predicting big rain storms for tomorrow which will definitely put a damper on the number of kids coming door to door Trick or Treating.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Thanks for the reminder LLL my generation didn't Trick or Treat, also living in the depths of the countryside it sort of passed me by.

However, last year about 20 kids knocked on my door and I didn't have a sweet in the house. :o

No control over chocolate consumption so don't dare buy it. :oops:
Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I've brought in my easy to knock over fragile stuff so the run up to my front door is easy. We've got a slight drizzle going on but there IS sun up there so by all accounts unless the weather changes dramatically it looks like we'll be getting a good night for trick or treaters.

I have NO Hallowe'en decorations at all but that is no worry as I will leave the lights on on the house and the kids will arrive. Once I'm out of cheap junk candy I'll turn my lights off which is the sign and signal I have nothing left.

When I was a kid Hallowe'en meant dressing up in my father's work clothes and going to all the neighbours for home made treats. I knew the attorney down the road was cooking hotdogs for all of us kids, the people with the orchard would give us an apple and the people who kept bees made candy apples. ALL the moms would bake something special.

Now you daren't give your child anything home baked AND I'm equally sure many Moms today wouldn't know how to make or bake some of the traditional stuff we used to get anyway. IMO Hallowe'en has become totally commercialized - WHO puts out decorations?!?!?! And in answer to my own question - MY neighbours do! Anything other than a carved pumpkin is excessive IMO but so long as nobody questions my lack of outside Hallowe'en décor I'm good.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Nice sunny day today in the south east. Didn't go out but if it is the same tomorrow we might go and take a few pictures of the trees changing to their autumn colours.
:gg:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Yesterday was mild and dry. Halloween a great success! Polite children ranging in age from 15 months to 11 years.

The first was a 4 yr old while it was still just light. He didn't appear to be wearing a "costume" unless his football shirt counted. It was his first time and he was prompted by his Mum from a discrete distance.

When I offered a bowl of packets of star drop chocolates he gratefully took the bowl, only to be disappointed when his mother made him return the bowl minus one packet.

I gave him another packet for being Number One Caller 2015 and we had a little chat.

As I closed the door I heard him say - like a little old man - "Mummy, that lady was rather marvellous really, wasn't she?" Bless!

The other children and parents were delightful, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Today is gloriously sunny and I'm lollygagging around before girding myself up for the busy week.
Al Hamdulillah. :up
Smile! It confuses people
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Just how it should be MD. Nice little kids having simple fun. :up

Regrettably we don't have any small kids near to us, we are in 'studentville' with most houses HMO's with Uni students. The Trick or Treaters I object to are the rude teenagers who need to learn some manners and social grace but as I said, we don't have any of those either. :up

Back to the weather. I DID say that if today was like yesterday I would go out with a camera.......well it is not. :( There is no wind, constant atmospheric pressure and as a result the mist that was there at 8am is still there at3pm so no excursions today. :( Only plus side, it is still quite mild. :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

The weather cooperated here and from the afternoon through to about 11pm there was no rain. Starting about midnight the clouds opened and it just started to pour again. All the Hallwe'eners were happy, cheery and polite with Moms and Dads in the background encouraging please and thank yous. One little girl as a solo act even did an entire 'song' about Trick or Treating!! They were all cute and it was a good evening.

Today is overcast and dull and slightly drizzly. I've been watching the hummingbirds doing their daily fight over the feeders but just a tad too wet and cold for me to traipse down to the marsh to see the swans. Hopefully the sun will come out at some point and, if so I will be out for a walk.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I reported earlier it was drizzly here - well the skies have now opened and it is absolutely POURING down!! The drops are HUGE and WHITE! UGH! Not even sure I'm going to do more than poke my nose outside today now.

This is my peek a boo view of the marsh from up here under the back deck. Can't see the swans but I believe they do make nests in the reeds at the far side

Even the hummers are happy to get in out of the rain and let me get close to snap a photo vs fly away!!

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Well MD, I would have thought that you would have been shouting from the rafters that in Wales yesterday the highest ever November temperature was recorded at Ceredigion, Mid Wales, of 22.4C (72.3F)

Here in the south east the fog did not clear all day and here is a picture from last evening and this morning from my front door. :(
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Geez Grandad you're talking Jack the Ripper weather with all that fog!

We have daylight but no sun so far today. Another blah looking day out there weather-wise BUT (being optimistic) the sun MIGHT shine!

We've had the first few sprinkles of snow up on Mt Washington which is a huge ski resort. They had no snow last year and given our drought this past summer we're all hoping for snow UP ON THE MOUNTAINS this year ;)
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Its been a disaster on the Algarve. HUGE thunderstorms and flooding, have videos on my FB .. We had a few electric cuts but not for long, very efficient. The bottom field had a 20 mt wide river and the lake overflowed. The duck sat in his bath in the pouring rain, the hens went to bed, all day ! Still raining, but normal rain today. Yesterday me and the dog ended up under the table after a HUGE CRASHING THUNDERCLAP,,,,, like the end of the world . . .
Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

2 bloody days of thick fog here and its been bitterly cold with it. My poor knees are creaking
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Robbo70 wrote:2 bloody days of thick fog here and its been bitterly cold with it. My poor knees are creaking
Yer I know, I can hear em from my house and thats in Cheshire :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I saw Jayways FLOODS on FB and they're awful. The entire town or city is treading water!! UGH!!! Hope the damage isn't too bad once the floods recede.

We're getting fog in the morning + drizzle + daylight but absolutely no sun. Usually by afternoon there is a little tiny bit of sun but now since we've turned the clocks back it is dark by 5pm :( :(

Who can think that turning a clock back is somehow giving us MORE daylight time..............!!!!!!!
Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

Horus wrote:
Robbo70 wrote:2 bloody days of thick fog here and its been bitterly cold with it. My poor knees are creaking
Yer I know, I can hear em from my house and thats in Cheshire :lol:
I am technically in Cheshire too.. thanks to my widnes postcode despite being in Merseyside territory :lol:
Dont get your knickers in a knot. It solves nothing and just makes you walk funny
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

We're getting the full range of weather daily now. It can start out foggy, change to run then pour down rain :( Don't have a clue what to wear .....
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Rain this morning then bright sun this afternoon and before sunset just blah damp cold. Nothing inspiring about the weather at all today.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Still getting temperatures around an unseasonal 15 - 17c. Glad we have had flu jabs. ;) :lol:
Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

its bucketing down and has been all weekend. Omar just gave me a hug and then wriggled free and complained I am cold and wet... duh yeh, I am running round a kennels in the rain
Dont get your knickers in a knot. It solves nothing and just makes you walk funny