A conundrum

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

A conundrum

Post by Horus »

I will not even try to explain the current Middle East situation in Palestine, but a very brief history of that region would go as follows:

The Palestine region or parts of it have been controlled by numerous different peoples, including the Canaanites, Amorites, Ancient Egyptians, Israelites, Moabites, Ammonites, Tjeker, Philistines, Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Ancient Greeks, Romans, Byzantines, Umayads, Abbasids, Seljuqs, Fatimids, French Crusaders, Ayyubids, Mameluks, Ottoman Turks, the British, Jordianians on the "West Bank" and Egyptians in Gaza, plus modern Israelis and Palestinians.

Other terms for the same area include Canaan, Zion, the Land of Israel, Southern Syria, Jund Filastin, Outremer, the Holy Land and the Southern Levant.

The latest thinking being that the Israelites emerged from a social transformation that took place in the people who lived in the central hill country of Canaan around 1200 BCE. There was no signs of a violent invasion or even of peaceful infiltration of another ethnic group from elsewhere, in other words they arose from that area. Later on as part of the invasion by the Sea Peoples of Southern Europe, the Philistines arrived and mingled with the local population, and according to Biblical tradition, the United Kingdom of Israel was established in 1020 BCE.
Within a century it had split to form the northern Kingdom of Israel, and the southern Kingdom of Judah.

The purpose of the above is to historically establish that Israel has existed for a long time and went through many invasions and a multitude of invasions and subsequent foreign rulers. One of these was the conquest of Palestine by the Islamic Empire following the 636 CE Battle of Yarmouk during the Muslim conquest of Syria. The end of the 19th century saw the beginning of Zionist immigration and the revival of the Hebrew language. More Jewish immigration in the late 19th and early 20th centuries added considerably to the Jewish communities in Jerusalem, Safed, Tiberias and Jaffa.

The 1936 to 1939 Arab revolt in Palestine was a nationalist uprising by Palestinian Arabs against British colonial rule and mass Jewish immigration. After the Nazi Holocaust, pressure grew for the international recognition of a Jewish state in Palestine. In 1947, the British Government announced its intention to terminate the Mandate to administer the area. The United Nations General Assembly voted to partition Palestine into independent Arab and Jewish states, with a special international regime for Jerusalem. The Arabs rejected the partition of Palestine, but the Jews declared the independence of the State of Israel in May 1948.

So my observations are these:
It was not the British who partitioned Palestine, but the United Nations, a world wide organisation supposedly working for the common good. They put forward a working plan and a solution that was accepted by everyone other than the Arabs who as we have already established were in fact invaders to that area and have less claim to it than the ethnic Jews who live there. The Arabs objected to a legitimate ethnic group allowing their fellow Jews who were being persecuted in Europe by the Nazis which had created many millions of refugees fleeing from persecution from being given sanctuary within the state of Israel.

We now have a situation when millions of Muslim Arabs are fleeing from conflict in the same area and we as Europeans are expected to offer them sanctuary. To a large degree this is being done and I have no doubt that in the next few months we will see huge numbers given sanctuary by what is by and large a Christian block of countries. So I have to ask the question as to what is the difference? Why is it unacceptable for Arabs to allow Jewish immigration of refugees into Israel, but OK for Arab refugees to be given immigration and refugee status in Europe?

In addition we had and still have huge Arab support for any organisation that opposes the right for a Jewish nation to exist and over the years we have seen many attempts by these Arab countries to destroy Israel. Yet these same Arab countries such as Saudi Arabia happily sit on the sidelines and watch this tide of refugees fleeing the atrocities waged in the name of Islam by zealots in Syria, Libya and the likes by ISIS and others and do absolutely nothing to help. They neither organise themselves into a force to oppose these fanatics and neither do they offer sanctuary to these refugees, so many questions and so few answers.

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: A conundrum

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Very interesting and well put together argument Horus. I see your point or question(s) and agree.

I have on idea what the solution to the problem is and maybe my paranoia is flaring but it seems to me that lately there has been a surge by Arabs to rise and conquer. I've been thinking that part of this strategy is to get as many relatively illiterate (hence easily led) Muslims "in place" and then use our own democratic process to vote in Sharia laws and basically just 'take over' via sheer population mass.

I don't believe that any of the Arab countries really want to contain the people. I sometimes really think they want to infiltrate all corners and then move to make Islam the ruling rule so to speak.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Do you think the quota system of only allowing so many migrants is going to work?
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:Do you think the quota system of only allowing so many migrants is going to work?
In a nut shell .............. Er No :st
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Me either. Can't see how it could ever be regulated.

My biggest fear with this mass migration is that we will now have LARGE communities of people who have no intention of blending in, mixing in and/or adapting to our ways. They will only demand WE change to fit them and their ways and seems pretty obvious their ways are NOT working.