Reunion

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Reunion

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Yesterday I was up bright and early and off to a Provincial Park where every year on the last weekend of July my Uncle and his entire clan meet up for a family reunion and family photo.

My Uncle is 80, originally from Westhoughton UK, was 2 years ago diagnosed with prostrate cancer but is a survivor and has never missed a year meeting up with his entire family (4 'kids' all married with their kids) in this Parksville Provincial Park at these specific park picnic tables. He drives his kids crazy insisting on this specific park as the bookings to get into it have to be made three months in advance and it is a super popular area. They all joke about having to get up early exactly three months prior so they can be on the phone at the crack of the opening bell so they can make a reservation to ensure they get this specific area with these specific tables.

The view through the trees is a wonderful large sandy beach and this particular spot one of the more private spots in the whole park.

He is a former high school math teacher and does love numbers. He still quizzes everybody i.e. how many decimal points have you memorized pi out to? What is the significance of specific dates in history?

My Aunt tolerates it all well and refuses to participate in his number games saying that once she starts to play he'll only keep adding and adding to the game until he drives her crazy. His kids are between 49 and 56 so it is kinda 'odd' to refer to them all as kids ;)

Was a really nice day of chit chat, eating lots of delicious camp fire (portable stoves this year as no open fires allowed yet) food, bocce ball, lawn darts, walking on the beach, kayaking and just plain hanging out. All his kids brought all their dogs (3 border collies, a new red heeler/Australian cattle dog puppy 4months and 2 rescue Chihuahuas) so the having stuff to do or watch was endless.

At the end of the day a lovely rainbow appeared. It wasn't a full one - didn't see where the other end was but was still a very pretty end of day closing sign.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Reunion

Post by Horus »

This made a lovely start to my day reading this LLL, so thanks for posting. I think its great that he still has the enthusiasm to insist on his plan being carried out and great that you all concur with his requests. It looks to be a fabulous place and I am sure you all had a great day out together. :up
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Sounds fabulous is such lovely surroundings :) :)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I concur with Horus in that, on another dull day, it was nice to read your happy account. :up

Your gathering is a bit like ours at the beach, an occasion that only happens about once a year. As I am the same age as your uncle and our 'kids' are in the same age bracket, I feel a bit of an affinity with your uncle from Westhoughton.

I am still fascinated with all that driftwood.
:gg: