A good speech

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

A good speech

Post by Horus »

Just been listening to David Cam-Moron making a statement about the lack of action by minority groups within the UK in challenging extremism within their ranks. It is a bold speech and he was saying many things that will get approval from most British people, they are bringing in new rules that will look into and control some of the practices that have crept in over the years such as taking young girls abroad for FGM and forced marriages. Sharia courts are also coming under scrutiny as are those voices that say that these organisations such as ISIL have nothing to do with Islam as a religion, he is saying that they are wrong and hiding their heads in the sand by claiming that they are not. Quite honestly it is one of the best speeches I have heard him make and not before time either, they finally seem to be waking up to the way our country and way of life is being changed by stealth and our own tolerance towards these minority groups. The whole thrust would seem to be less pandering to these views either through religion or custom and more emphasis on integration with the rest of British citizens. :up

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: A good speech

Post by Grandad »

I saw some of the speech Horus and there was a lot of good stuff. The problem I have with Cameron is that he lacks passion and power of delivery. He doesn't convince me and I soon forget what he said.

Compare him with Brigitte Gabriel or Maggy Thatcher, you tend to remember what they say.

There are too many fine sounding words and not enough strong actions in politics today.
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I agree Grandad, lets see if he has the bottle to see these reforms through :st
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

I did like Enoch Powell - - :up
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I did like Enoch Powell
Strange how he was roundly condemned at the time, now his predictions come back to haunt us. :st
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

In the USA right now they have Donald Trump (Billionaire businessman) who has opted to run for President. He is a rather outspoken individual who blurts out what is on his mind at the time and tends to look at life through the eye of a business person. He is a Republican and has all his fellow Republicans 'on edge' (to say the least) as he has been in very open plain speech taking on almost every issue facing the country.

He is also now leading in the polls and many people are finally starting to say they're fed up with all the present Politicians who say lots of words that mean nothing and you can't even decipher what they did say although it took them 30 minutes to say it!!

Personally, while I have no idea if he'd make a good President or not although I think having business background to run a country is a good thing, he definitely has my attention as he is somewhat like a breath of fresh air in that he is speaking plain English and saying what he means. He IS verbalizing but isn't worried about being PC and it seems many many MANY are really appreciating this. His stand is that he wants to make American "GREAT" again and decries how far the country has fallen under a group of namby pambies who won't say "sh*t" even if they have a mouthful and can't make a decision if their lives depend on it.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I always liked Enoch Powell, I'm proud to say. People wouldn't use his quotes in context unfortunately, but a very clever man.

Regarding the present crises, I think it's time we treated them for what they are - and eliminate them. Enough is more than enough in this case. It doesn't matter what they call themselves they are a blight on humanity and need to be completely removed from civilisation root and branch.

It doesn't matter what they call themselves, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a duck! :evil:

:oops: Actually that may seem not to be true - drakes can't quack, but a lot of people call them ducks anyway. How did I get myself in this tangle? :oops:
Smile! It confuses people
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

:lol: :lol: You made me smile MD, but I never knew a drake can't quack though, mind you my cat can, she doesnt meow, but makes more of a quack sound. Now who's getting confused? :lol:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

@MD :lol: :lol:

Fancy being a politician MD? :lol:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

It was suggested when I became eligible to stand for parliament in Egypt that I should do so. :o :?

I must admit the thought horrified me. :sd
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I could see you being good at the job MD, but not in Egypt, you would be wasting your time, er maybe MT should stand? :lol: :lol:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

:lol: :lol: Horus, I thought you were flattering me until I realised that you had included me and MT in the same sentence!

Actually he'd love the job ad would probably be very good at it. I feel very sorry for him, I get the feeling from his posts that retirement doesn't sit well on him. He's comparatively young, active and capable of many things but seems to have no constructive purpose in life. I can give him 10 years and I find it hard.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Horus wrote::lol: :lol: You made me smile MD, but I never knew a drake can't quack though, mind you my cat can, she doesnt meow, but makes more of a quack sound. Now who's getting confused? :lol:
The old farmers used to say they had a secret way of sexing adolescent ducks and drakes - I was quite disappointed when I found out that all you do is pick them up and give a gentle shake or a squeeze, though turning them upside down will work too. An instant Hiss from the drake and a Quack from the duck. It's useful if you want to keep the females of white birds, though of course later the curly feathers in front of the tail feathers is a give away for the drakes. 8)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Ah, so it's a case of inspecting the short and curlies then MD :lol:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Works for me!

Sorry, too much information. :oops:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

:lol: :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

My my my - how threads drift - from David Camerons speech to the short and curlies of a duck! ONLY on E4U!!!

My sister in law sent me this last week..........(not sure where it came from originally) however I like the content and I definitely DO HOPE all other countries take heed and follow suit.

Dutch . . . But Why Wait Until 2016?

The Netherlands , where six per cent of the population
is now Muslim, is scrapping multiculturalism.

The Dutch government says it will abandon the
long-standing model of multiculturalism that
has encouraged Muslim immigrants to create a
parallel society within the Netherlands.

A new integration bill, which Dutch Interior
Minister Piet Hein Donner presented to parliament,
on June 16, 2015 reads:

"The government shares the social dissatisfaction
over the multicultural society model and plans
to shift priority to the values of the Dutch people."

In the new integration system, the values of the
Dutch society, play a central role.

With this change, the government steps away
from the model of a multicultural society.

The letter continues: "A more obligatory
integration is justified because the government
also demands that from its own citizens."

It is necessary because otherwise the society
gradually grows apart and eventually no one
feels at home anymore in the Netherlands .

The new integration policy will place more
demands on immigrants.

For example, immigrants will be required to
learn the Dutch language, and the government
will take a tougher approach to immigrants who
ignore Dutch values or disobey Dutch law.

The government will also stop offering special
subsidies for Muslim immigrants because,
according to Donner;

"It is not the government's job to integrate
immigrants." (How bloody true!!!)

The government will introduce new legislation
that outlaws forced marriages and will also
impose tougher measures against Muslim immigrants
who lower their chances of employment by the way
they dress.

More specifically, the government imposed a ban
on face-covering, Islamic burqas as of January 1, 2015.

Holland has done that whole liberal thing, and
realized - maybe too late - that creating a nation
of tribes, will kill the nation itself.

The future of Australia, the UK, USA, Canada and
New Zealand may well be read here.

READERS NOTE: Muslim immigrants leave their
countries of birth because of civil and political
unrest . . . "CREATED BY THE VERY NATURE OF
THEIR CULTURE.”

Countries like Holland, Canada, USA, UK, Australia,
and New Zealand have an established way of life that
actually works, so why embrace the unworkable?

If Muslims do not wish to accept another culture,
the answer is simple; "STAY WHERE YOU ARE!!!"

This gives a whole new meaning to the term, 'Dutch
Courage' ... Unfortunately Australian, UK, USA,
Canadian, and New Zealand politicians don't have
the guts to do the same. There's a whole lot of truth here!!!

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Muslim immigrants leave their countries of birth because of civil and political unrest . . . "CREATED BY THE VERY NATURE OF THEIR CULTURE.”
Countries like Holland, Canada, USA, UK, Australia, and New Zealand have an established way of life that actually works, so why embrace the unworkable?
If Muslims do not wish to accept another culture, the answer is simple; "STAY WHERE YOU ARE!!!"
Hear ,hear to all of the above :br:

This multicultural experiment was never going to work and the sooner we realise it the better things will be, all these countries displayed a tolerance towards certain groups that went against the grain and started an expectation amongst these groups that they could demand and get special treatment within their adopted countries laws and traditions. I well remember one of the earliest examples of this sort of pandering to minorities back in the 60's when a law was introduced in the UK that crash helmets must be worn when riding a motorcycle. After protests from Sikh’s that they could not do so because of their turbans it was changed to give them dispensation when the answer should have been quite simple "If you want to wear a turban, don't ride a motorbike' simple really. Things such as religious courts like the Jewish Beth Din and Sharia laws should not be allowed to run in parallel with a countries established laws just to placate immigrants, the rule should be simply "you want to live here, you abide by our laws and you speak our language" Why for example are we spending a fortune on interpreters in law courts and in civil offices in order to communicate with these numerous groups? Does it happen elsewhere, do all of these countries of origin provide us with the same services in return? do they cater for our cultural needs in the same way? are their own customs and laws set aside to accommodate us? I very much doubt it. What is true though is that this constant demanding of special treatment both culturally and religiously plus an inability of these groups to even want to integrate with their adopted country has now started to wear very thin and I feel that the worm is turning and people are fast becoming tired of it all and the only ones responsible for this changing attitude are the immigrant groups themselves.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

If only Cameron had included words like that in his speech yesterday.

I was not aware of the Dutch Governments plans on the subject of multiculturalism but I am so impressed with those words that I am inclined to email it to my soft local Conservative MP who has been in his safe seat for too many years just toeing the party line.

But many right of centre MP's MUST be aware of such things and find that they agree with the sentiments. Why do they not have the balls to stand up and say so, they would find they have wide support? And although, in the piece, it says that 'our ways work'; they don't really or we would not have the increase in religious and ethnic segregation, or as it is also called' tribalism. And that really is a dangerous path that is already happening. :(
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

As you can imagine I have something to say about this, but later as I'm trying to revive my apparently dead Kindle FireXP which is almost like another limb to me. :(

Of course I've done everything on Google for this problem short of taking it to pieces. So off to find my purchasing details and take Amazon to task as this happened to me before with a bog standard Kindle, also just out of warranty.

Catch you later chaps, I have a feeling this is going to be a long afternoon. :|