An incident that happened to me.....

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

An incident that happened to me.....

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I went to Houston and although I've passed through the airport there umpteen times I'd never gotten out of the airport so opted to stay a couple extra days to explore. Rain, tornadoes and thunder storms kept me at the hotel one day but NASA day was great - however -

On arrival I got to the hotel I'd booked after researching it as being 1) part of a chain of well known hotels with an apparent 3.5 star rating out of 4, 2) free local shuttle 3) complimentary buffet breakfast 4) heated pool 5) shuttle to the Ship.

After I checked in with one of the most disagreeable Hotel Managers I've ever come across I was told I couldn't get a keycard door lock for my room!!

"Why not?" I asked

"I don't have one. My machine is broke so just get one of the girls when you need to get in and out of your room" was the angry reply with a turned back and walk away.

Hmmmmmm - I say to me. Leave or stay? Leave or stay?

Aw well - it is only a couple of nights, it is late already, I don't know where else to go, I'm out and about all day so why not stay?

WRONG DECISION but guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

Unpacked, noticed wet under the A/C unit (again an ahh well) and went down to catch the FREE SHUTTLE to a restaurant.

Well well well - there is NO FREE SHUTTLE. There is NO SHUTTLE!!! Am in the middle of nowhere, pelting rain now, roads being closed as tornadoes coming down ........... now I'm noticing lint everywhere, stains everywhere ........BUT the story gets even BETTER!!!! :)

Met up with a Canadian couple also taken in by the Very Misleading Website stranded in the middle of nowhere. They'd found a coffee shop well over a mile down the highway but it was only open from 4am to noon for truckers! The safe in their room didn't work and they didn't have a room key either and felt their room had a real musty smell indicating mould. They were on the same cruise so we all have had a good chance to review what happened.

On the late morning of my stay after a night of torrential rains I was downstairs having a coffee in the breakfast room. A lady was in a heated argument with the Hotel Manager. Next thing she was in tears. I didn't know what was going on but went outside to take photos of the area around the outside of this place showing how isolated it was as I'd already made up my mind to launch a complaint with the head office.

Police arrived and I could see them talking to her. As I went back inside the 2 officers beckoned to me and asked me if I saw the "incident" between this lady and the Hotel Manager. This Guest then blurted out the Hotel Manager had just told her to "Get the F*** out of my hotel you dirty white trash!!"

Unfortunately I didn't witness this or hear any words but did tell the officers I had been refused a key to my door, the place was not clean and the Manager very disagreeable. They said this is the "worst hotel in their town" and they've been called numerous times to attend at this place. (They did issue the Hotel Manager a Citation)

Anyway - I went inside and was abruptly confronted by this Manager (white t-shirt with a slogan "Count Me Out", blue jeans and flip flops) who said he saw me talking to Police and demanded I tell him right now what I said!!!!

Guess I just wasn't 'in the mood' any longer and basically said I wasn't going to discuss anything with him to which he then replied - "OK I'm not driving you to the Cruise Ship"!! And left me stranded as he left with all the other Guests.

Was able to get a taxi and get to the cruise ship but OMG I've never in all my years gone through a person like this man.

HOWEVER - today I had the pleasure of detailing verbally and following up in writing with Corporate Office :) Am fairly confident they are now going to "remediate" this situation and "make it better" for me and others cause am sure they do not want my story going any further. Photos of lint and wet carpet and police cruisers in front of their establishment turned out quite well. I think knowing that the Police gave me their info too and requested head office call them to confirm my tale will help them arrive at an appropriate decision.

Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: An incident that happened to me.....

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Good for you! Put the photos and a review on Trip Advisor too! :up
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Ruby Slippers wrote:Good for you! Put the photos and a review on Trip Advisor too! :up
Couldn't agree more.........................shocking !!!!
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Absolutely disgusting behaviour :xx I would have been steaming with rage at this guy :x I would make sure this place got seriously blasted on every holiday forum possible and the hotel chain would be left in no uncertain terms that unless I got some sort of satisfaction from them I would continue to tell the world about their crap hotel. :td
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Am definitely on it and have every intention of going full steam ahead. It was really like I almost stepped into the twilight zone. It was truly awful and none of what is on the description of this place is true. It is all at Corporate now with photos etc and I've basically given them until Wednesday to "fix" it with me. Then I'm off to AARP (who vouches for it), Chambers of Commerce, BBB, Hotel Association - and any other place I can think of. This man definitely should NOT be running this place.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Go girl, go! :up
Smile! It confuses people
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Way to go :up
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Make a fuss LLL. That is disgusting. :xx

I remember finding a condom (used) under the bed in Phuket, Yuk! Got moved to another hotel. :up
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

IF I hadn't been so tired already and IF I'd of been staying longer I'd of been out of there first thing but the weather was iffy and I didn't really know where else to go (THAT will never happen again - lesson learned!!) so I figured I'd just put up with it as I never imagined it would/could get worse!

On another note - I met another couple there who also came 1 day earlier than me cause of the FREE shuttles etc and were not having a much better time than me. We talked about this place on the cruise and exchanged emails. I just got an email from them saying they have also written to Corporate with the problems they experienced - ie. no keycard to their room, safe not working, COLD swimming pool when it was advertised as heated :) :) :)

I'm not giving up at all and unless Corporate fixes it "I" am prepared to drag this out forever :) (Just my nature if I feel wronged)