My latest Nikon

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: My latest Nikon

Post by Grandad »

I like hats LLL, not least because there is not much left on top and I need to keep some warmth in. :lol:
I have flat caps (peaked), baseball caps, trilby and large brim felt hats. I wear a hat most times and I like the colder weather because I can put on the big brim felts. ;) :lol:

:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: My latest Nikon

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

My dad's dad wore a black and white wool peak cap always. Thinking now I don't think I ever saw him without his hat on outside. Winter/summer same wool peak cap. It was really old and worn but it had lots of character and suited him as he was always in slacks, suspenders, flannel shirt with a sweater and peak cap.

My dad was about the same - slacks (not blue jeans but the canvas type slacks that workmen wear), flannel shirt (winter/summer - just rolled up at the sleeves in summer), suspenders (my dad was a real sport so in is later years opted to wear RED suspenders) and a sweater although in the spring and fall he'd sometimes wear a fleece lined vest.

In my mind's eye I see them as the epitome of the British blue collar working man.

The other Grandad wore a fedora. Grey with a black band and a teeny tiny feather. Grannie wore dresses and did all the hair pin curls to copy Queen Elizabeth's hairstyle. Actually my Grannie looked remarkably like Queen Elizabeth. Same face structure, skin tone, nose line, chin and eyes......hmmmm..... :tk The light bulb just coming one - I might be onto something here! ;)

My point in describing my Grandads and Father is that their clothing style never changed over all the years. They were always the same unlike how people dress today. Clothes were functional then and lasted a long long time. I remember learning how to darn socks when I was quite young.