Rent a mob on question time tonight

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Rent a mob on question time tonight

Post by Horus »

I usually enjoy watching question time, but tonight’s programme which is coming from the South (Canterbury) is appalling, first off we have a total prat in the persona of Russell Brand a so called comedian mouthing off about all and sundry and making very little sense, but the worst aspect is the utter louts and loudmouths in the audience that are obviously supporters of Brand who constantly clap at anything that supports immigration but shouts down any other opinion however well constructed or given. I wish I had recorded it then at least I could skip over the contributions by some of the uneducated morons in the audience especially that awful woman who keeps yelling. :xx

Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Rent a mob on question time tonight

Post by Kiya »

I was watching for a while & like you got fed up with that loud mouthed woman & then switched off :(
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Yelling, immediately pointing your finger and becoming totally obnoxious seems to be the latest way to get your point across no matter how idiotic it may be. Definitely do NOT listen to arguments just yell inane comments.

Unfortunately that seems to be way of the world these days......... :( :td :td
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I agree H, it was a despicable display by Brand and some of the audience. But I have said it before, why does the BBC give that moron so much airtime?
All he can do is rant and shout and make personal comments. Nothing of any substance in anything he says. Credit to Nigel Farage for not rising to the insults thrown at him by Brand. Contempt was certainly the best response.
I did think Camilla Cavendish came over very well indeed. Reasoned comments backed up by facts but, of course, she is not a politician who have to tread carefully in what they say.
The event was in The Gulbenkian Theatre on the University campus so there was a mostly left wing audience I guess.
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I would agree about the left wing audience Grandad, it was transparent when ordinary people tried to speak and give an alternative view they were usually shouted down. I must say that I clapped the other lady who rounded on the loudmouth and put her in her proper place. It was interesting to see Brand stutter and bluster when that chap challenged him to put his principles to the test and stand as a politician himself, “I am a comedian” was his limp reply, well Russell you are a comedian and a crap one at that in my opinion. :x

But isn’t it strange how well Farage usually conducts himself and regardless of his politics he usually speaks a lot of sense and backs up his own views, unlike the baying rent-a-mob who only wish to shout everyone else down because in their jaundiced opinion only their view is right and debate does not come into it.

I have often wondered what the criteria is for picking the local audience actually is? many times I see areas represented and it is loaded with say pro-immigration supporters when clearly the majority of people living in that part of the country would oppose it, I often think it gives a distorted view of the local population and their opinions. For example I cannot see Canterbury as being represented by the ‘typical’ audience as seen in last nights programme, or maybe I am wrong?
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Horus wrote: I cannot see Canterbury as being represented by the ‘typical’ audience as seen in last nights programme, or maybe I am wrong?
You are not wrong Horus. We have two communities in Canterbury each approximately the same size of around 25,000. The residents who are largely conservative (we have a significant conservative majority on the local council); and the universities with their floating population (there are 4 Uni's with UKC by far the largest) who are, or who breed, left wing attitudes. So we have opposing poles amongst the 50.000 or so population of the city.

On the local Facebook group there are those who have spoken out in support of Brands views including a local Lib Dem Councillor. The majority however, agree with you and I that it was something of a shambles.....
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Ah that explains it ;)