Cyber Monday

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Cyber Monday

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Been noticing the ads that are all touting Cyber Monday and maybe it is just me but I'm not noticing anything that I just can't live without and of those few things I am a bit interested in the prices are not that great either.

I mulled buy the KindleHD which is a smaller version of what I have now but would be easier for me to carry in my purse. Granted the prices of Kindles in general have come down substantially but the the sale price wasn't that great a deal. In the end I opted NOT to purse the Kindle cause I still have my original old click the page black and white Kindle and my newer Kindle which works super well at getting email and allowing me to be online. Am just not seeing the sales this year.

Heard on the News too that Black Friday sales were down something like 11% from last year. I think this is part economy but I also think it is part more and more people shopping online.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Cyber Monday

Post by Horus »

I watched the TV showing near riots during that Black Friday rubbish and just wondered at what sort of idiot would subject themselves to that? Very little if any of the offers could not be purchased elsewhere at a similar price other than the obvious loss leaders to get you into the shop in the first place and they will be very limited. Just another advertising stunt and the public fell for it once again (or should I say some did ;) )
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

There are some genuine bargains but count me out if it means queuing at the store until one minute past midnight just to join a violent free for all. I agree with Horus about pricing, they usually quote some original RRP that the product has never sold at. All consumer psychology I'm afraid. :(

I did buy a cheap 'half price' Sekonda watch for daily use. I have several 'decent' watches but the watch I wear during the day is an Omega replica bought in the market in Bangkok in 2000 for about £0.75. Keeps perfect time but I just fancied a change and at 'half price' it MUST be a good deal. :lol: :lol:
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Wow! Half Price!!! how could you turn an offer like that down :P
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I have never lined up, hate lining up and never will. I hardly tolerate shopping at the calmest of times so can't envision me every getting the winter woolies out to stand outside a store at midnight only to have to fight push and pull with somebody to buy an item I can probably get on a similar sale at another time.

In the USA I've seen the lineups and just couldn't believe that people were willing to sit and wait to run into a shop. I wanted to know what they actually did with their lawn chairs & sleeping bags once the store opened? Do they just leave them on the sidewalk to join the rush and crush into the store? Few years ago in Tacoma (next city north of where I was) there was a person crushed to their death trying to get into WalMart. I rarely go to WalMart on a good day let alone a sale day.

Our stores here on the island are notorious for only having 1 item of anything in the store. You have to go to the store, see the item, buy it and then the store will order it in for you. This is very specific to big appliances, large furniture, most anything large. This also means anytime you want anything you're on about a 1 month delay prior to it arriving so I'm hardly going to head to the stores to lineup and fight over that 1 item I might want.

I want to change out my front hallway light fixture and the bathroom light fixture (Present bathroom light fixture has EIGHT bulbs in it!! My goodness - this is almost blinding when you turn the light on!) Wandered 3 of our stores last night and unless I order in I get the selection of about 5 different types. :( And I just can't tell looking in a magazine what something is going to look like hanging in the house.