SUPER EXCITED

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: SUPER EXCITED

Post by Kiya »

Hoping to get loads of photos that is if ever I get my camera back.

Not heard a peep from Jessops yet & that was 2 weeks ago since I returned it :xx

I'm holding back just to see how long they take to get in touch with me :o

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Hopefully they will not take too long, but as I said if you are stuck for a camera I will lend you one of mine :up you would just need to allow enough time for me to post it to you. :)
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Kiya, a very dear friend and his partner are off to Rome too, on October 12th. I found out last week. Just for four days, but it's taken since 1996 for him to get her to agree to go anywhere abroad! Although, to be fair, she went to Crete last year for her daughter's wedding. I hope you all have a wonderful time. :up
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Awe... Thank you Horus for your kind offer, I will keep it in mind, I have an awful feeling they're going to tell me my camera is for the dump , but, I will leave it till Friday if I've not heard from them, I will phone :(

RS I hope your friends will have a great time, they will be there & back before me, we go on the 20th.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

No problem but allow enough time for said camera to clear customs at Gretna :lol: :lol:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

:lol: :lol: will do....thanks.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

And you will have to pay any customs duty on it ..................... both ways! :o :lol: :lol:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Nae bother..... :) :)
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Just saying " bye " for now folks, I do expect you all to be good & not getting up to any mischief while I'm away ;)

Speak to you all soon :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Bon Voyage!! LOTS of PHOTOS! AND - you MUST have FUN FUN FUN!!! :P :D 8)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Have a great time Kiya and bombard us with pictures on your return......

I hope they have got that scaffolding off the Trevi by now ;) :lol:

Most of all, take care and enjoy. :up :)
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Take care Kiya and have a great holiday, :) look forward to all the piccies ;)
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

The scaffolding was still in place last week, Grandad, but I'm sure Kiya won't mind! I'm waiting for my friends to sort their photos out for viewing. They had a great time and I'm sure Kiya will too. :up
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Just had a thought about Kiya halfway through her holiday.....checked the weather in Rome.....20+ and sunshine all the way. Looks like she picked a good week.....Wish We Were There 8) :lol:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Yes it's great to see the weather holding up for her :) lets hope she is really enjoying here holiday and seeing some fabulous places :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Hope she is having a blast, getting everywhere she wants to go, eating all the pastas she can and taking lots of photos! :P
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Hi folks, returned late last night & still shattered today, also suffering chill in the bladder would you believe started a couple of days ago while still on holiday, also swelling down on my face after 3 super big mosquito bites on the first night there, the worst one being on my eye lid, crumbs couldn't believe it in the morning my eye was actually black/blue.

Then worst of all on our day trip on the Wednesday from Rome-Naples-Pompei, during the part Naples- Pompei I had my purse stolen from my handbag with bank cards, insurance cards etc & 300euros cash & altg there was 19 stops with that part of the journey & we like most were crammed in like cattle & standing all the way.
It was around the 3rd/4th stop something made me look at my bag & seeing zip open checked inside to find purse gone......God I was gutted & near to tears, eventually when we reached Pompei there was a summer seat I noticed straight from train & made for that before my legs collapsed on me.
After most tourist made for the Pompei site a young couple came back to us & asked if I had a purse stolen, the girl said she didn't actually see this man well dressed in a suit, shirt & tie carrying 2 A4 size books under his arm (as I saw) take the purse from my bag but she did see him pass a pink coloured purse to the man directly behind me, she thought to herself what hell is a man doing with a pink purse.....weird! obviously rotten thieves working tog maybe even more.
Anyways we made our way to the police station at Pompei where a statement was given & copy to me signed & stamped from the police officer in charge, I also got to use phone free of charge to phone UK to block all cards immediately, after everything done I give in & just broke down in tears, I think really I was just in complete shock............we went on to have a couple of strong coffees & ciggys then we carried onto the Pompei site when soon I found in my brother's small case carrying my camera got soaked with a leaking bottle of water, no fault of my brothers, as if it couldn't get any worse with no camera & walking around the site the cold winds got up, dark clouds came hovering over us & little sand storm & am sure through that we just felt a sprinkle of rain, after about 90mins I'd had enough & made our way back to the cafes & waited for our time for train back.

So sorry folks I've only 2 photos at the entrance at site before camera gave up but have loads on all others we visited before Pompei & after I gave camera a chance to dry out, when I feel a bit bitter I'll get them all into some sort of order & will have them loaded for you to see.

Just be patient with me & will get them done soon :)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

OMG Kiya. I am lost for words. And we were all thinking about you and wishing we were there. I am sure that we will leave you to get better and sort out any insurance claims for your losses. Glad you got home safely though......til later ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

OMG Kiya - that is AWFUL! Totally completely awful! That *******! Am sure it was an organized group - ******** all of them for their thieving stealing scummy ways.

And, on another note, am really sorry to hear about the camera. That is an accident but to have your purse deliberately stolen - that is low :xx :xx :xx :x :x :x :xx :xx :xx

Hope you're feeling better soon. I live in fear of your experience and wouldn't wish it on anybody. Take care, take a deep breath and have a warm cuppa.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Oh dear, I am so, so sorry for you Kiya :( I can only echo LL's description of them being Utter ********!!!!! :x :x :x
These thieving scumbags have not only ruined your holiday, but no doubt given you a very bad impression of the Italians in general, although it would not surprise me if it were not some EU immigrant gang operating there much as we get in the UK with all this open border rubbish. Unfortunately it is not the only place where this sort of thing happens, most tourist cities are plagued with these low lifes who prey on tourists, I suppose you were just unlucky. Hopefully the rest of your holiday turned out better and with the internet being so usefull for research you can always describe your holiday and if needs be fill it in with a few pictures from the web, after all it will be the same things that you were seeing had your camera worked. :up So put the bad behind you and tell us all about the things you did enjoy and skip the bad bits ;)