Kids say..............

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Kids say..............

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

The grandsons and I have a great game we play. They LOVE being firemen and putting out fires. Whenever a fire spontaneous breaks out about this house they are in high giggle mode as they grab their firemen hats, put on their mittens and take a long cardboard hose and run yelling "Emergency Emergency" to the identified fire spot to put out the flames. They're 3 and pretend is still very much their world.

Took them swimming yesterday to the local indoor pool. They were happily playing on the Pirate Ship there that spews water all over. The ship was shut off and in the one minute of absolute quiet following the shut off of water the youngest of the twins obviously looking to start another activity yelled - "GRRRRAMMA!! I smell smoke!! EMERGENCY EMERGENCY!"

OMG OMG OMG - I was able to quickly contradict him with 'NO you do NOT smell smoke' and then had to elaborate that 'our game' is for 'our house' and not at the pool..........WHEWWWWW - a real emergency averted (but it was way close)

WHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Kids say..............

Post by Horus »

:lol: :lol: just as long as he never shouts "fire" in a cinema :o
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Ohhhhhhhh if they thought it would let them be Fireboys and put on their hats/gloves and run like crazy through the house putting out all the fires that happen every 2 minutes they would be yelling FIRE. They love this game. Part of it is also telling the Fireboys to 'Got to sleep' (take everything off and lay down on the carpet) and then having Grandma sound the 'dingdingding' of the firebell meaning they have to literally jump up, get all their stuff on and run about like crazy putting out all the fires......also calls for lots of giggles, screams and laughs. All the running burns of a teeny tiny modicum of ENERGY too :) :) Grandma gets tired just watching the antics :)
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Your daughter is very lucky to have you - - - :up
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I like your plan of introducing more energy sapping extras such as having to put on all their cloths before putting out the fire, what about adding some running on the spot to simulate climbing up a ladder? :lol:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

It sounds like a lot o' fun :lol: :lol: :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Oh they'd do a run on the spot for sure. Anything to get some of the energy burned off. These two just love the fireman game. You should see it IF a real truck goes down the street OR we pass the fire station and the truck is outside being washed. The voices go up 10 decibels, their eyes glow, the fingers point cause "there is the FIRE truck." They live to be firemen.

I don't recall my daughters being this active. There is definitely a big difference in the energy level. The boys just have to be "run" to get the energy down so they become little people. The girls always were people and I never really noticed them needing to burn off and bring down the level.

I'm definitely noticing MY energy level :P