Now that was fast service

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Now that was fast service

Post by Horus »

Now just on a whim and also because according to Mrs H I am as daft as a brush, :lol: I decided to buy my little mate Max one of those Neckerchief things you see available for dogs. I had joked for some time that he would look really smart wearing one of those as he accompanied me on my jaunts, but that it must be a macho one to suit his personality. :up So yesterday at around 12.30 lunchtime I ordered him one from a seller on Amazon UK, it was a very smart black material with white skull & cross bones motive as befits his pirate image while walking along the local canal networks with me. ;) The supplier said they would embroider the pets name for free if it was indicated on the order form when ordering, so I asked for the name MAX to be included and if possible in gold thread.

Within an hour of ordering it I received an email from Amazon saying the goods had now been dispatched, so thinking they had not seen the request for a name I contacted the seller by email and mentioned my concern over the lack of a name on the bandana. This morning I received a reply in my inbox confirming that all was well and assuring me that "Max would soon be looking very smart in his new bandana"

At 12.30 lunchtime today, so less than 24 hours later, Mrs H popped her head around my 'man cave' door waving a small package from the mail box containing the afore mentioned bandana complete with embroidered gold moniker, now that’s service for you!
Hopefully he wil show up this weekend for another visit and and I can't wait to see the look on my grandkids faces when they see him wearing it. :D

Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Now that was fast service

Post by Kiya »

What are you like :lol: :lol: look forward to seeing Max with his new bandana :)
Winged Isis
Top Member
Top Member
Australia

Post by Winged Isis »

Wow! Seriously good. Make sure you post a photo, please.

I have recently bought a number of charms (not all Pandora) for my Pandora bracelet from all over the world, including here. It's been interesting seeing the many different packaging and mailing options taken by the vendors, from a tiny package no bigger than a postcard, to an A4 envelope. Some were dropped in my letterbox by the postie, others were couriered and had to be signed for, one was to be picked up at the post office as it was registered mail; we are talking about items no bigger/heavier than a pea. None as quick as yours, though all within their stipulated timespans.
Carpe diem! :le:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Way cool H - little Max is going to be strutting out in style! :) He'll be the talk of the dog park and am sure will be most alluring to the ladies. That is definitely FAST delivery. Must be making them down your road!! Make sure we get a photo of Max strutting his stuff!

@WI - I know exactly what you're talking about. I've ordered some items and really they come so encased in styrofoam which bulks them up you'd never know what is in the package.

I personally love Pandora and have 3 bracelets FULL.......I love wildlife and nature and all things aquatic so one is basically fish and everything related to the sea. The other represents my pets and animals I have an affinity for. Third relates to my daughters, grandsons and other family things.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I think I once posted on here about a package I received that was 600mm (24") x 350mm (14") x 150mm (6") deep and when opened it contained a camera neck strap! Not even the whole strap, it was just the padded bit that threads onto the main strap, it was sitting on the top of loads of packing, surrounded by loads of packing and covered in loads of packing. Had it simple been rolled up with a bit of tape to secure it, the whole thing would have fitted into a 150mm Jiffy bag and it was so indestructable you could easily throw it at a brick wall without sustaining any damage as it would just have bounced. :tk
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

My little mate arrived today for a couple of weeks and he was well pleased with his new bandana. I left him on guard duty while I took my mum her Sunday Dinner, when I walked back this was him on full alert, :urm: well I suppose to be fair he had picked a chair near the window to sleep on.

As soon as he spotted me he was up and about in a flash and running outside for a quick bark :tk

By the looks of those paviers my first job will be pressure washing this Spring, it just shows what a miserable wet Summer and Winter we have had this year, they are supposed to be Red Brindle with a Grey pattern. :(
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Awe! Max is looking all prim & proper in his new bandana :)

The same thought went through my mind when seeing your pics about getting a power wash, I can say the same about my path :(
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I have a huge amount of power washing to do each Spring, that's the downside of modern surfaces. The part where max is standing has around 100 square metres of paviers laid as it is a drive area, believe it or not there is a fancy pattern of Brindle and Grey bricks running through them, but with all that muck and green moss on it the whole lot just looks drab. We also have a path and patio area with riven flags in the back garden area and they are awful to clean after the Winter months have left all the grime. I usually spend a whole weekend pressure washing and I finish up covered in muck and dripping wet, but its worth it as it looks so fresh and clean afterwards and I feel like Summer is on its way again. You do need a realy good powerful one to do the job properly and some years ago myself and a couple of near neighbours chipped in and bought a really good one between us and it has done us OK for a few years now, although at the moment we are awaiting a replacement hose as the other sprang a leak, £108 to replace it. :o
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Max is looking really sporting and like a right pirate.

As for pressure washing I got an electric pressure washer a few months ago. I hated the gas one and couldn't use it and usually ended up having to get a guy to do all the washing for me. This new electric one works super well, is easy and what is BEST is that I can use it! :)

Powerwashed off the entire front drive this past fall and it looked super wonderful once it was done. I'd of waited 'til spring but I really wanted to try out the power washer.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Unfortunately our 'shared' power washer that needs a new hose if we can get hold of one will cost around £120 just for the hose, (the price has gone up) so my neighbour and I will no doubt have a go at doing some running repairs first. :o
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

WOW!! My power washer - granted it IS pink (hence the sale price probably) was $80 for EVERYTHING. That is super expensive for a hose........whoaaaaaa..........
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Sure is, mind you it was a very good one and quite powerfull when we bought it.