I was totally FULL of myself, flying HIGH and then - pftttt

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

I was totally FULL of myself, flying HIGH and then - pftttt

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

This past Friday and Saturday I was babysitting the grandkids. This was the first weekend they were staying over at my new place. I'd prepared and prepped and we were having a grand time. Their words are coming fast and furious and it is terrific to see them gain an understanding of their surroundings.

This afternoon I thought I'd end their visit in fine fashion and so planned to return them to mom and dad via a drive along the waterfront where we could see birds, boats, people, pets etc.

We had our naps, treats, dressed for the weather (light rain), got in the car and set off. I was chattering on to them, pointing out crows, an eagle, different boats in the marina, brightly coloured leaves on the trees. My narration included everything we drove past and was full of animation and adjectives. I was in fine form and feeling pretty full of myself that I was imparting some of my knowledge and expanding their knowledge and giving them new words and adding to their vocabulary.

Very pleased I pulled into their mom and dad's driveway finishing up my monologue on deers and dogs in the neighbourhood. Putting the car in park I turned to the back seat to see their smiling faces full of rapt attention at all the info I was sharing with them........

Kinda BURST my BUBBLE ........... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ;) ;) ;)

Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: I was totally FULL of myself, flying HIGH and then - pft

Post by Kiya »

:D :D At least now you know how to get them to sleep ;)
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Love it, LLL! :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I was doing so well - pointing out the eagle, chatting on about people walking dogs, talking about the totems in the parks we passed........I was pointing and talking and just a going on.........pulled into the driveway and ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz. Shows how exciting a conversationist I am ;)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Fantastic and what a smashing picture, when our eldest was born we would often pop her carrycot into the car and go for a drive, instant lullaby and we got a good nights sleep, mind you, sometimes it was during the night. :lol: :lol:

Nice to see them well strapped in and secure and it reminded me as to why we in the West react with such horror when we see small children and babies being carried on motorbikes and such like and how important it is to educate people regardless of it appearing to be interference. :(
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Just wait until they start talking LLL, :o we were all sat down yesterday to Sunday lunch when little miss chatterbox, our youngest grandchild 7 years of age suddenly said, “You know Nana, you could be one of Santa’s little helpers”. :lol: :lol: Whatever had triggered this comment I do not know as at the time she was telling us all about her school, what made it all the more amusing from my perspective is that Mrs H is quite petite and I often josh her about only being 5’-1”. My son, chatteboxe's father, who is over six feet tall and built like a rugby player almost choked on his food as he is always patting his mum on the head as he walks past her. The real irony is that while our own children and all our other Grandchildren are all quite tall, she (miss chatterbox) takes after her Nana and would look a treat on the top of a Christmas tree as a little fairy, who can figure out the though processes of small children? ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Ohhhhhhhh they're talking all right. Matter of fact they never stop talking. Much more than single words. They're well up into sentences. Doing quite well given they're boys.

Interesting how genetics play into things. Can have a giant mum or dad yet be a petit throwback.

Nobody in my entire family or even in the family of my ex-husband had brown eyes. We only had blue or green. Both daughters have married fellows with brown eyes. Twin have brown eyes. Be interesting to see how #3 comes out.

On another note - don't kids say the darndest things?

phpBB [video]
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

:lol: :lol: Thats hilarious!!!! :lol: :lol: