Invisible Children

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Invisible Children

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Was just up in Canada visiting the family. Much to the consternation of my daughter and son-in-law at most meals their sons, the twins, disappeared!

This disappearing act was apparently NOT helped by Grandma who couldn't help but laugh AND guess what? The daughter and son-in-law actually had the nerve to accuse me of 'encouraging' the boys who :o ceased listening to their parents :!: :!: (Could hardly believe it myself).

Attempts to stop this behavior resulted in this outcome:

And then morphed into the boys disappearing in another time honoured traditional way:

The twins, am sure, could not help themselves 'cept to keep entertaining Grandma who DID find it quite engaging (even it was at the table). Am sure someday the daughter and son-in-law WILL see the humour in all of this. Probably a maturational thing.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Invisible Children

Post by Horus »

I cant see what the problem is LLL ;) we as grandparents are allowed to do these things :up
Great pictures by the way :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I really didn't see the problem either H. After all "I" was having a good time, the twins were having a blast which means we outnumbered "them" 3 to 2 so ?????? "WE" had a majority and doesn't majority rule? To think they wanted them to sit there and actually pay attention to the food and eat it. Don't they see the lovely creativity and fun the boys are having? GHEESH! ;)
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

I'm always in trouble for laughing at my granddaughters 'exploits', LLL! :lol: But she is just so funny I can't help myself!
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I am always in trouble from Mrs H for winding up our youngest grandaughter. ;)
Me ......... " I see the Queen is having one of those Jubbly's this weekend"
"No, no Grandad! its a Jubilee!"
Me ........... "I don't think so! we used to put them in the freezer and make ice lollies with them"
"No, no Grandad, that's a Jubbly, the Queen is having a Jubilee! .................. tell him Nana!
Me ........... "Listen, I am older than you, I know all about Jubbly's so I say she is having a Jubbly"
"Nana! .............. will you tell him, he keeps saying the queen is having a Jubbly!"

Mrs H ................. "Will you stop winding her up, you are worse than she is!"
Me ............... "Why? what have I done?" ;) :lol: :lol:

(for anyone not familiar, a Jubbly is an Orange drink in a cardboard Tetra pack)
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Oh yes! I certainly remember Jubblys, Horus!
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I see this as a Grandparents job! ;) If we can't wind up and get some fun from the grandkids we're failing in our mission.

Before having grandkids I swore revenge on my daughter(s) - just wait 'til you have children I'm going to fill them up with sugar, give them a puppy and leave.......!!!

This always prompted the response - well yea but when you're old and in a wheel chair we're going to get to push you around (literally) and all we'll do is park you in front of a window or TV and then run away.

My time to assert - I'm never getting old and if you two don't stop 'it' you won't either :!: .....however for some reason I'm finding the antics of the twins hilarious. I've also become totally oblivious to thier parents eye rolls at each other, the sighs and I'm sure my S-I-L saying - "you fix it it is YOUR mother"......(bet his parents do the same when they visit)

AND BTW - I'm ALWAYS appreciative of New ideaS for stirring up the grandkids albeit in a very innocent Grandma type way :D Feel free to share your own tactics :!: :D
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

A good method of stirring them up LLL, is to stand there with a bag of sweets and say very quickly:
"Hands up all them that don't want any sweeties" and watch their little hands shoot up before they have thought it out properly, :lol: then sit there eating them yourself and saying "You said you didn't want any" ;) It works with ice cream, fruit etc.

.............. Cue another slap around my head from Mrs H :cry:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

EWWWWWWWW H that is a good one! :P It would put Mrs H into the cue for a slap up pretty quick though! :lol: