Share on Facebook or Twitter

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Share on Facebook or Twitter

Post by DJKeefy »

On the first post of a topic to the right there is some new buttons TWEET (Tweet this Topic) and SHARE (Share on Facebook)

On Twitter it will share the topic and link to the original topic on the forum, you can also write something in the box (Share a link with your followers), if your not logged into Twitter it will ask you to login (note this is direct with Twitter and no information is gathered by the forums)

Click Tweet to post to twitter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Facebook it will share the topic and link to the original topic on the forum (on the new forum when finished it will also post part of the topic), you can change the thumbnail to that of the poster and you can also write something in the box (write something), if your not logged into Facebook it will ask you to login (note this is direct with Facebook and no information is gathered by the forums) you can use the drop down menu to post on your own wall - on a friends wall - in a group - on your page or in a private message on facebook.

Click Share Link to post to Facebook
Last edited by DJKeefy on Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Mmm, an interesting development Keefy, is this in direct response to the growing popularity of this method of chatting? As an avid NON user of either of these forms of communication, I suppose this will actually mean very little to me. So what do I do? do I make a Tweet “I have just posted a reply to Keefy on E4U” or do I put it on my ‘Wall’ ?

“Hi, this morning I made a post on L4U and then put a ‘Tweet’ about it on my ‘Twitter’ page before telling you all about it on here on my Face Book wall”

Think I will just get my camera and dog lead, see you all later, pip pip, tweet tweet, bark bark. :wd:
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

:lol: @ Horus

Well it could generate more people to visit the forums, say you have 100 friends on facebook or 100 following you on twitter, maybe only a few of your friends might be a member of the forums, but once you twitter or share on facebook those friends then see the link which they might click to read the topic (maybe they will join the forum too) especially if its a topic from a members only section.

Also guests visiting the forum (guest open forums only) can tweet ot share the topic on their twitter or facebook page. dont forget it only tweets or shares the website URL, the name of the topic and the URL to the topic, so people from facebook or twitter will have to visit us to read the topic.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

say you have 100 friends on facebook or 100 following you on twitter
Keefy, I don't have a hundred friends in the whole world :P and the only people following me usually have their hand out shouting "Backsheesh! Backsheesh!". :roll:
I await the rush of new visitors with unbridled anticipation. ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I'm with you H! I don't think I've ever "Tweeted" in my life although I know my chickens cluck and I had a parrot once the just screamed (on occasion).......If "tweeting" is sending me a message on my phone......PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT TWEET ME......(as I do not relish getting messages at all hours of the day or night given the time difference ;);)

THAT isn't a worry cause like Horus I don't think I even know 100 people!

But Keefy to understand (coz I don't) do I have to join this? OR if I post something on here could I also 'find' it on Facebook? Or could random people about the world suddenly find what I'm saying appearing on their phone?
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I don't think you need to worry about your phone LLL ;) and the link will appear on Face Book only if someone puts it there, so if you are like me and never use it ..................... you will never see it ............... and neither will you know if anyone else has posted one either, so basically it is for Face Book users. :)
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

GOOD ONE

Post by Jayway »

Thankyou Keefy, this is BRILLIANT. As I am computer retarded this is so handy - I can pass on the pearls of wisdom to my friends now. LLL, twitter does not ring your phone. If you write on my facebook wall , yes that comes on my phone as a text message -FREE- and is useful when someone wants to talk to me but doesn´t want to pay for a text sent from their phone. My facebook accounts have little garbage on them, mostly petitions and games played with a few friends late at night. Using Twitter you can get the live news from the source, together with the mobile phone photos or videos
- - :) - - :roll:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

"Oh" I reply simplistically like a non-techie moron person. I have FB but rarely go there and whilst I have heard of 'tweets' I somehow thought they'd ring your phone........dinna hae a clue.......

Soooooo Jayway IF I 'wrote on your wall' THAT would ring your phone?
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Nothing to do with mobile phones unless you have notifications to send a txt message or email to your phone, just the same as if you click Watch this topic for replies on Egypt4u an email is sent to say someone new as posted, if you have email on your smartphone then you could recieve the notification there.
Christine
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Christine »

OK i think ive got it, i will post sommat later and follow the instructions and if it dosent work its because im crap at using anything that remotely ressembles technology, and i will check my FB page to see if anyone else got it right hahaha :) :lol:
You get out of life what you are prepared to put in!
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Fortunately where I live we don’t get a lot of problems like that, but if anyone did decide to ‘write on my wall’ I would be out with my pressure washer and clean it off, bloody vandals :x
Christine
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Christine »

:lol: :lol: :lol: YOU GO H !!!
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Horus wrote:Fortunately where I live we don’t get a lot of problems like that, but if anyone did decide to ‘write on my wall’ I would be out with my pressure washer and clean it off, bloody vandals :x
:bs:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Keefy, I don't have a hundred friends in the whole world
Likewise Horus :) I don't even like to admit that most of my family are on facebook and some on twitter. :( The objective on both seems to be to gather as many 'friends' or 'followers' as you can to upstage your mates.

These things can do nothing but harm in so many ways and I am sure that they contribute to the decline in our education standards. The children always have their smart phone in their pocket even at school (on vibrate of course).

You may have gathered that I refuse to being a member of one of these killers of sociability. :(

But if it works on the forums, that's fine.....I don't HAVE to 'click the button'.
:gg:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

And this is the sort of thing that is orchestrated on Twitter :x

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nival.html
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I am amazed that you think that is true Grandad :roll: surely you are aware that the Mail prints only lies and it has to be reported by Polly Toynbee to have any veracity? ;)

But on a more serious note, it is a fact that this particular tool is used by yobs and hooligans to organise themselves and all of what we are seeing now is nothing more than organised looting, put the troops on the streets and shoot the thieving ********.

Ooops ……… sorry I forgot, all our troops are elsewhere and we have non to spare.

And double Ooops ………………… Was it not so long ago that everyone was praising this new way that the protesters were organising themselves via social sites during the Arab Spring?

Oh well, what goes around, comes around.
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Phone

Post by Jayway »

I dont have a smart phone, I have a 12 euro one from Vodaphone, I get Christines posts as text messages. As for the Daily Mail On twitter, I do not follow rubbish. After you have joined twitter ( with a different name of course,) YOU choose who you follow, LLL, and if you dont like them you delete them. - :)
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Christine
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Christine »

I am and ahve been a facebook member for a long time, now i know my memory is bad and im getting older, but i dont recall loosing friends or curtailing my work or social life because im a member of said group, i dont recall organising any riots, even if i have felt like doing that from time to time.
What i have done on facebook or should i say through facebook is , made some good and lasting friendships, and found a couple of long lost relatives, that had i not joined facebook i would probably never have found.
So its not all bad.
Thanks for the links Keefy ;)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I’m sure that most users fall into your category Chris, :) it is the fact that this can be used by morons to organise other morons into instant action that is the problem. We are not talking about people who use such sites for social interaction or to stay in contact with friends or relations, we are talking about people who see each other most days, but most social interaction is via an LCD screen. They are constantly glued to their mobiles waiting for the next instruction to cause mayhem to flash up, reminiscent of a hive of bees awaiting the next signal from the queen to swarm, or in this instance to loot.