Will we ever get used to being close to others again?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

FABlux

Will we ever get used to being close to others again?

Post by FABlux »

Last week we were in Poitiers & while I was waiting for Barry I walked to the garden centre & somebody was coming towards me & he stepped into the road to pass me. The next person passed me at a more restricted bit of pavement but we both automatically turned our faces away from each other, you see the same thing happening in shops, 6 months ago I wouldn’t have even thought of doing that.

Friday afternoon I got my hair cut and we went to the nearby tearoom (Michelle makes wonderful coffee walnut cake!) but a birthday group of 10 arrived, some of who we knew but we went to sit at the tables outside as we didn’t feel comfortable with so many people around. 2 of the group also came out and 2 other friends arrived & joined us but we were all spacing ourselves out.

Do you think this will be permanent or will we get back to the way we were before? We will ever feel safe to get on a plane close up to a stranger again? :ni:

Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Will we ever get used to being close to others again?

Post by Ruby Slippers »

You’ve voiced something that I’ve been thinking about too, Fablux. Will we ever behave towards each other as we used to - or will we keep our distance even from relatives? I’m desperately missing my granddaughter who I haven’t touched since around Christmas, although I’ve spoken to her twice through the window; and apart from my sons, I really miss my baby brother. We saw each other at least once a week before all this. I felt quite bad because it’s my eldest son’s wedding anniversary next week and he’s taking his wife out to dinner. Unfortunately, he has to take his daughter too, whereas I would normally have had her here for a couple of hours. There is nothing we can do about the situation though.