Entitlement or ??

Egypt has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Entitlement or ??

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Read this article tonight from a Leader of "Black Lives Matter" where she gives her list of demands from 'white people' so as to, I guess, settle the score between black and whites.

The thing that struck me more than anything else is that anybody would actually ASK and make these demands.

Maybe it was the way I was raised but there is no way on earth I would ever ever ever have the gall to ask for this or make these demands. It really raises the question in my mind as to the mentality of some people these days.

I do know, from my own life experiences (and I'm grossly generalizing here) that many people do believe ALL white people are rich. It is almost as if many cultures have no real understanding of 'our' lives and how we work to achieve what we do have. They want it but totally lack the understanding of how to get it. Again it is a gross generalization on my part but more and more I really am wondering at the actual thinking of others.

Is it just me?? or ???

This is the article - again from a black Leader of Black Lives Matter (BLM). I've BOLDED the demands and the other is from the writer of the article who comments.

Black Lives Matter Leader Demands 10 Things from White People
A woman posted a list of 10 things that she thinks white people should do in order to benefit the lives of black folks. There's a few problems with her list of demands and I address them in this article.

By Frank
Posted August 19, 2017

Chanelle Helm is part of the Black Lives Matter group in Louisville. According to LeoWeekly, it seems like she's the person who penned the following list of ten demands that black people want from white people.

After providing the list of ten demands for white people, she had no shame in asking people for money and providing her PayPal address. Of course, this looks fairly bad from several perspectives, from both black and white folks. I got through the list and provide feedback on each of the demands.

I partially agree with some of them, but others - not so much. I admire her desire to fight for changes, but if this list is hers, then she has some serious thinking to do. It's not a list that really makes any sense and it's actually quite embarrassing. It's more like someone begging for money and not proposing any functional changes that would bring citizens of society closer together in more harmonious ways. Her demands would push more people apart and further racism, thus elongating the tenure of racism everywhere. And let's face the fact - racism will not ever cease to be. You simply cannot force people to like each other. You can hope they will be tolerable and kind, but human nature needs a balance. For every 100 people who show kindness to each other, there's probably 5 hateful people out there. It's just how things are because a Utopian society of everyone loving everyone will not ever exist.

If this list is not from her, then I apologize. I'm using the information provided on LeoWeekly's website and hopefully that information is correct. The link to LeoWeekly's article covering this is at the end of the story here.

The sentences with a number, and emboldened, are the demands and my reply is beneath them.

Here goes the TEN DEMANDMENTS!

(I coined that, not her)

1. White people, if you don’t have any descendants, will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably one that lives in generational poverty.

I would give it to a friend, regardless of their color or gender. If I ran out of family to leave things with, then my closest friends would be the first recipients. If I then run out of friends, then people in my neighborhood would receive whatever I have. Notice, there's no mention of color or sex - just people in general. There's only 2 genders though, that's a fact.

2. White people, if you’re inheriting property you intend to sell upon acceptance, give it to a black or brown family. You’re bound to make that money in some other white privileged way.

Not true. Money doesn't grow on trees and white privilege is a myth. There's so many white people living in poverty that neither of us can probably physically count that high. Ramen noodles are in my kitchen. That means the white privilege must've escaped me and my generation, because we sure live on a tight budget week to week. We're not swimming in money like you might think. I'm happy to have a roof over my head and a kitchen to cook my cheapo fake soup in. You want to tell me where the white privs are, because there certainly is none in this household.

3. If you are a developer or realty owner of multi-family housing, build a sustainable complex in a black or brown blighted neighborhood and let black and brown people live in it for free.

Who is paying for the free sustainable complex to be built, maintained, and managed? It is not economically responsible or possible to do this for free. If the government funds it, then the money comes from the taxpayers. It always comes back to the taxpayers. I agree that there should be better buildings in poverty plighted neighborhoods. However, if you stroll through any neighborhood and see trash all over the place, then ask yourself why? Why are the streets filled with trash? How come no one cleans up their sidewalk or takes pride in their home? It's free to throw your trash away and have a nice neighborhood. Neighborhoods aren't nice because the people living in them are scumbags. Just think - when the homes in a poverty stricken neighborhood were first built, they were probably nice, clean, and taken care of. Then people move in and don't take care of things. They let their home fall apart. They throw trash outside on the street. It's not the neighborhood itself that's dirty, it's the people.

If everyone in the neighborhood kept their part of the street clean, then the neighborhood would be nice. It's not nice because the people living there don't make it nice. Clean up after yourselves and stop being dirty.

Any poverty stricken neighborhood that's dirty is because of the dirty people living there. You can be as poor as anything, but that doesn't mean you have to throw your trash on the ground everywhere you go. This goes for people of every race, because there's some nasty stinky white neighborhoods filled with dope addicts. It's definitely not just black neighborhoods. In fact, it's probably mostly white people who are the scumbags. You white trash people know exactly who I'm talking about. You junky looking EBT card using losers with fresh tattoos and piercings and you still wear jean shorts and think you're a rapper. You're a loser. I saw a woman in the deli with fresh tattoos paying for lunch with her EBT card. WHO PAID FOR THAT INK? I wanted to trash her in public, but I'm a nicer person than that.

Then you have the white trash 35-year-old guys who still think they have a rap career in the making, so they work at the pizza shop part time, then spend the rest of the time at their parents house (where they live) making beats on Mom's computer while waiting to catch their big break. You're not ever becoming a rapper, grow up and stop being a loser.

4. White people, if you can afford to downsize, give up the home you own to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.

No. I worked hard for my home and you should work hard for yours. In fact, I might be paying for your home right now. Do you work, or are you on the system living in a subsidized housing project? If you're living on the system, then I deserve a thank you for slaving on a daily basis so you don't have to. Think about it folks. Who are the slaves now? The working middle class is the slave. The people on welfare sit home and relax all day. Slavery in the fields may have stopped, but modern day slavery is the working middle class who doesn't get tax breaks, subsidies, or handouts.

The middle class gets the shaft.

Why can poor people get Comcast for like $10 a month, but I'm paying over $100 a month for the same channels. I have Fios by the way, Comcast stinks. Why do working people live check-to-check when welfare freeloaders sit around all day spending OUR money and refuse to get a job? If you're able bodied, then get a job. If you're disabled and actually can't work, then fine. I respect that and we should take care of you. It's the leeches that screw over the middle class more than anything.

Also, some people rent. Renting can be considered downsizing from owning. What do you want people to do, move into the woods and become stick people so you can have a free house? Get real.

5. White people, if any of the people you intend to leave your property to are racists a*sholes, change the will, and will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.

Already done. I'm not leaving anything to an a-hole. If the last person in my family ever turned out to be a racist then I would purposely hand all my belongings to the darkest person I could find, thus teaching the racist they are not ever getting anything from me. There's two things we don't tolerate in our family - 1) being an a-hole, and 2) being a racist, which is automatically part of 1, because racists ARE a-holes.

6. White people, re-budget your monthly so you can donate to black funds for land purchasing.

If I budget my money differently, then it's for my own family and my own land. If my friends are in need, then maybe I help them. Considering I'll probably always have a school loan or credit card bill to pay, then that will always come first if I budget differently. I'm not changing my budget to help some random person just because they're a different color. That doesn't even make sense. Anything I have ever donated to has been for a good cause and color was not part of the decision. It won't ever be the reason I hand someone a dollar or some other form of donation such as food or clothes, which I've donated plenty of in the past.

7. White people, especially white women (because this is yaw specialty — Nosey Jenny and Meddling Kathy), get a racist fired. Yaw know what the **** they be saying. You are complicit when you ignore them. Get your boss fired cause they racist too.
I'm white and have not had any white coworkers ever be racist. I'm fairly outspoken and often crack horrible jokes laced with sarcasm. Yet still, people don't tread on racist humor or have any real racist hate. Maybe I'm lucky and the people I work with are always good people of all colors. My job has a TON of diversity from Asians, Blacks, Hispanics, and Whites and everyone gets along great. Like I said, maybe I'm lucky to be surrounded by legitimately nice people.

Racists should be fired if they treat people differently and it causes problems at work. Although, if they're a closet racist but it does not interfere with work, then that's a human resources issue and I don't know much about that. It might be a union issue too, depends on where you work.

My time at various jobs has not ever experienced that. People generally like each other and could not care less about the color of our skin. In fact, I dislike more white people than black. White people can be really annoying and cry to the boss over minimal problems they should be able to handle. If you constantly ask your boss for help because you should not have been hired in the first place due to your ineptness, then you're annoying no matter what color you are. So far, that's typical among overweight white women.

8. Backing up No. 7, this should be easy but all those sheetless Klan, Nazi’s and Other lil’ ****-white men will all be returning to work. Get they ass fired. Call the police even: they look suspicious.

I'm guessing this is in response to Unite the Right in Charlottesville, as that happened the other day and this seems to have been released shortly after. If that's inaccurate, then someone please send a correction and I'll amend it. For starters - you don't know what's in people's pants. It could be a 5-incher, or it could be 9-incher. Secondly, if you call the cops because someone looks suspicious, then isn't that exactly what you don't want to happen to black people?

As responsible citizens, we should only call the cops if it's appropriate and someone is committing a crime or there's a true emergency. You shouldn't call the cops because of the way someone looks at work. That's irresponsible. If you want me to call the cops because of how someone looks, then I would call the cops on you because you appear to be in the interest of stealing my money with this premeditated list. Also, if we "get they a*s" fired, does the rest of their body still have a job?

9. OK, backing up No. 8, if any white person at your work, or as you enter in spaces and you overhear a white person praising the actions from yesterday, first, get a pic. Get their name and more info. Hell, find out where they work — Get Them Fired. But certainly address them, and, if you need to, you got hands: use them.
You're advocating for violence, which is a crime. That will not ever solve a problem the right way. If you have hands, then use them to do something productive and make more money so you don't have to beg for it with your PayPal address at the bottom of a stupid list of demands like this.

Attacking someone could get you in jail for a very long time and cause people not to like you. How does that solve any problems? Have a civilized conversation if you must, but don't advocate for being the start of violence. That's wildly inappropriate, hateful, and irresponsible. Not to mention, if the person who gets attacked is a different color, then it treads the line of being a hate crime. This is a really horrible thing to advocate for. This is something that a racist would say.

10. Commit to two things: Fighting white supremacy where and how you can (this doesn’t mean taking up knitting, unless you’re making scarves for black and brown kids in need), and funding black and brown people and their work.

I agree that people should fight white supremacy. People should fight supremacy of all sorts and treat each other as equals and by our actions, not our color. If you're funding kids in poverty, then it's important to know there's kids in poverty of many colors. Find the most poverty stricken kids and help them first. Then work your way up until there's no more poverty. You don't get to pick and choose which poor kids you help based on the color of their skin because that's racist. You help children because they're poor, not because they are black or brown. There's plenty of kids in the ghetto running around in $200 Air Jordan's, so perhaps that's a bigger problem that people need to solve. I believe that can be fixed by number 6 on the list - budget your money better.

When it comes down to it, this list of demands from a Black Lives Matter woman to white people is basically racist. I don't know what she was thinking, but I wonder if she actually knows any white people. If she did, then she would probably know that white people aren't all driving around in a six figure sports car, living in mansions, and have tons of money. The average white person doesn't have much at all. Sure, tons of people work 40 hours per week, but when they're done paying bills, there's not much left. That's partially because our taxes are so high and part of that pays for the welfare leeches.

If people stopped abusing the system, then perhaps our taxes could go down and we might be able to save and help people in poverty more often. I don't help anyone in poverty because if I did, then I would be in poverty with them. I can't give up my roof because you won't work for yours.

I always kinda laugh when I see something as ridiculous as this. The absurd generalization that white people are all the same, or all rich, or all privileged is sometimes thrown out there and it's just hilariously the most far thing from true.

Then I see the woman's PayPal address at the bottom and that's when it hits me. She probably doesn't care about social issues either. Her OWN PayPal address is the first on her list of things asking for money. That's a woman all about herself, asking other people to not be all about themselves.

If she cared so much about Black Lives Matter and the children stricken by poverty, then she wouldn't post her own PayPal ID before anything else.

She's an advocate for herself who uses racism to gain free money out of people. I guess I can't blame her. I'm an advocate for myself too, but I'm not out there begging for donations.

Not yet. Stay tuned for tomorrow

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Entitlement or ??

Post by Horus »

She is the sort of bigot that gives most black people a bad name, obviously lazy, racist and out of touch with reality. :st
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Entitlement or ??

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Totally agree BUT she is one of the primary type voice of the BLM movement that is taking hold securely in the USA. This is the group that has been parading around yelling something like "pigs in a blanket, fry them like bacon" in reference to Law Enforcement in the USA. This is the group President Obama invited to the White House and encouraged by way of having discussions with them and sanctioning what they did.

Am still amazed that anybody would actually say out loud what this woman said. No comprehension that YOU YOURSELF have to actually work, plan, commit to success. Really amazing to me that while you might silently think this that you'd actually put it out to the world in words.