Monitoring

Egypt has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Monitoring

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Given that Donald Trump has again made headlines in the USA by announcing, in his opinion, all Muslims should be denied entrance into the USA - do you think that Mosques should be monitored?

I have no idea if Mosques are monitored now (or if that is against ethics and Constitutions etc) but wouldn't it be important to know where the Imama got their training from?

Am thinking if an Imam was trained in Cairo by moderates then he'd probably be preaching moderately however if he was trained by the Whahhabi's in Saudi Arabia it would be more than likely he'd be much more rabid in his teachings to others. Would this not be important info to know so as to help with predictions as to where the next attack might come from? (Maybe this type of info is already being well vetted)

The mantra here today is "If you see something, say something." However when the school reported a child who brought a clock to school (reporting it in case it was a bomb) they now must face the wrath of the USA Attorney General who is swearing to take on the entire School District.

Definitely enough to be crazy making!! Add to this there is President Obama preaching to the USA what version of Islam is peaceful (UGH)

phpBB [video]

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Monitoring

Post by Horus »

Well that made me laugh, mainly because of the truths it contained, we really are a soft touch as a nation. As to the mosque thing, well I definitely think that they should be monitored as well as any ethnic and religious private schools. It has been demonstrated on more than one occasion that this is where all the problems started by allowing foreign mullahs to enter the country and preach, Finsbury mosque being a classic example of a hot bed of radical hatred preaching. I can give you a wonderful example of this bending over backwards attitude we seem to have:

Some years back a social club in the area burnt down, it was mainly frequented by working class people and the elderly who saw it as being as much of a community meeting place as it was a somewhere to have a drink and some entertainment of a weekend. It sat back slightly from the main road and there was an approximately 15 foot wide grassed verge that ran across the length of the front of the social club. The club was going to be rebuilt under the insurance payout and some small club funds, but as it was a new building it would need to satisfy modern day regulations. This would entail purchasing the strip of verge which fortunately was still owned by the local council, fortunate that is until they received the price for this tiny piece of land, in excess of £30,000 :o This put the whole project outside the bounds of being feasible and it never went ahead thus losing a valuable local community asset. In the same week, the same local council gifted a large piece of ground in a valuable inner city location for …………….. £1, so that the immigrant community could build themselves a mosque. :st
You couldn’t make it up could you? 8)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Last night on the last flight the "FIRST" of the refugees arrived here on the Island. In the next town south of me. The first refugees here were a Mom (29yrs old) with a son about 10-ish and her Mom (Maternal grandma). The women were showing their face but did have the head scarf. They were being sponsored by a Baptist Church minister and his congregation.

The welcome as shown on the news was hugs and kisses and that was about it. Our welfare system is more than generous and I'm sure the women have app'ts this morning to get into the local office to get signed up and get all the emergency services + + + + we offer.

Not too sure I object to this type of refugee as they "seemed" legit. Hopefully they'll transition and life will be ok.

We do have something like 5 more families arriving over the next few days - will see how it goes. Basically 'the jury is still out' with me. I honestly don't think bringing people around the world with no plan to return them to their homeland is going to do them any great service in the long run (separating them from everything they've ever known). Just so long as we are NOT bringing in hoardes of angry young men ........
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Last night on the last flight the "FIRST" of the refugees arrived here on the Island. In the next town south of me. The first refugees here were a Mom (29yrs old) with a son about 10-ish and her Mom (Maternal grandma). The women were showing their face but did have the head scarf. They were being sponsored by a Baptist Church minister and his congregation.

The welcome as shown on the news was hugs and kisses and that was about it. Our welfare system is more than generous and I'm sure the women have app'ts this morning to get into the local office to get signed up and get all the emergency services + + + + we offer. They will get LOTS (and I hope sufficient to get them set up with good used serviceable stuff but IF it becomes necessary to furnish them with totally NEW stuff that is when it'll get ridiculous and set expectations for ALWAYS getting handouts of NEW NEW NEW)

**That above being said I also think it is OUR giving that sets the standards. IF we gave good used serviceable items to establish a new home that would be ok however it is when we have to always BUY NEW for everbody that sets a ridiculous standard that only puts us under the gun for future refugees whilst we IGNORE our OWN homeless and downtrodden (some of whom have gotten themselves into the situation while others are just there cause of frailty, old age, being legitimately disabled etc)

Not too sure I object to this type of refugee as they "seemed" legit. Hopefully they'll transition and life will be ok.

We do have something like 5 more families arriving over the next few days - will see how it goes. Basically 'the jury is still out' with me. I honestly don't think bringing people around the world with no plan to return them to their homeland is going to do them any great service in the long run (separating them from everything they've ever known). Just so long as we are NOT bringing in hoardes of angry young men ........
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Likewise, I do not object to genuine refugees, but would prefer that our aid was spent to keep them in their homeland and not to truck them halfway around the world into what after all is an alien culture and certainly not the hoards of economic migrant young men we see making their way to our shores.