Sharia & Saudi

Egypt has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Sharia & Saudi

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Was reading this news clip:

Saudi Arabia’s ambassador to the UK has warned of the “potentially serious repercussions” of a breakdown in relations between the two countries.

The furious prince also railed against an “alarming change in the way Saudi Arabia is discussed in Britain”, warning that the wealthy kingdom would not be “lectured to” and urged respect for its strict system of Sharia law.

Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia is due to crucify a political protester, who was just 17 at the time of his alleged offence.

They are also due to serve hundreds of lashings on a British grandfather.

Saudi Arabia

Karl Andree has served his sentence but is still locked up as Saudi officials wait to conduct the lashings, according to his family, despite David Cameron pledging a personal intervention.

But the prince demanded that UK top brass respects the Gulf state’s “Sharia law.”

He said: “Our justice system is based on Sharia law and implemented by our independent judiciary.”

I have a feeling our newly elected Canadian Prime Minister is not going to be hard on any new Immigrants as one of his election platforms was to allow in 25,000 Refugees or Migrants. We're getting larger and larger populations of Muslim people coming to Canada and the topic of Sharia law seems to raise its ugly head from time to time (and I fear SOONER again as the % of Muslims within the population increases).

I have to ask - IS Britain doing anything about the Grandfather and him getting lashed? Do you think the UK really has any sway with Saudi Arabia?

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: Sharia & Saudi

Post by Mad Dilys »

I'm always suspicious of the phrase "this is based on" whatever: it allows changes that were never intended in the original, no matter if the subject was religious, political or secular.

Along with millions of others I see no similarity in the Islam I follow, which is a generous and forgiving way of life, and what is claimed to be Islam by others who insist that their way is Based on the same teachings.

To be fair, I have Christian, Buddhist, and Jewish close friends or family members and they have the same problem with their chosen religion.
Smile! It confuses people
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Re: Sharia & Saudi

Post by Jayway »

I find it quite amusing that the IS lot are actually killing their fellow muslims . .. at least that will be a few less enjoying themselves on my tax money - - -