Politics in the USA

Egypt has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Politics in the USA

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Right now, from watching the News, it seems that President Obama is facing numerous contentious issues that could affect his Presidency. I find it amazing how much he is declaring he does NOT know......

Didn't know the Internal Revenue Service was targeting groups, all of which would have help fund his opposition, trying to apply for tax exempt status. This is SUPER big.

Didn't know his Department of Justice seized all the phone records (personal and business) of staff of the Associated Press (AP) - Really SUPER big.

Didn't know and still doesn't claim to know much about what happened in Benghazi......

Not too sure what he has been doing but he sure doesn't seem to know much about anything now that he is being confronted on it.

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Politics in the USA

Post by Grandad »

Just a few weeks ago Obama stated that for Assad to use chemical weapons against his own Syrian people would be crossing a red line. There is convincing evidence today that some form of gas was used very recently in Syria although it is not yet confirmed who used it.

Dropped from a helicopter it would seem probable that it WAS used by the military under direction from the Assad government.

Does this raise the spectre of military intervention? What will Obama now have to say.? Is the USA ready to get involved militarily in yet another middle east conflict? If so that could be the most volatile and dangerous of any conflict so far......
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I have found, from the very start of his Administration that I have not liked the man. He speaks to people like a chastizing father and we're all the kids with our hands in the candy jar. He talks talks talks but says nothing and twists many things.

I heard that speech were he said the use of chemicals would cross the line. Mark my words he'll now say he is 'looking into it' OR 'investigating it further so he is sure' or some such but he will do nothing. It is all smoke and mirrors with him but don't count on what he says to happen cause he will only twist it further.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

LLL, we have a late evening current affairs program on TV called Newsnight. I watch it every day because they have studio guests and contributors from around the world via video links on topical issues.

On Wednesday evening Senator John McCain was a guest when discussing the latest news from Syria. I did not warm to McCain when he stood for president but I always find that he expresses his views as he sees it and does not hide behind some political rhetoric. He sometimes verges on the 'gung ho' but that is probably the military man in him speaking. I have now come to like listening to his views...........But, he is not the top man who has to stand by his word :tk
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Watching the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) Congressional Investigation today. Seems the Director (albeit Acting Director) knows nothing about anything, can't remember even WHO he talked to!

I wish there were criminal repercussions for not talking.

Seems the Internal Revenue Services has been targeting the present Administrations opposition for the past few years by subjecting them to on-going and ridiculous audits and denying different groups tax exempt status....BIG can of worms opened here.