Egypt v facebook

Egypt has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Christine
Top Member
Top Member

Egypt v facebook

Post by Christine »

In the light of the recent unrest in Cairo, the Egyptian Goverment have blocked facebook users in an attempt to stop people getting organised for another day of unrest on Friday, we watch with interest 8)

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Facebook is running very slow and pages keep freezing, also www.google.com.eg seems to be slugglish or failing to search.

Its also difficult to run Facebook through some proxies which makes you look like your in a different Country.
Christine
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Christine »

Ha ha im following you about Keefy, it makes you wonder who is doing what dosent it ?
BillH

Post by BillH »

You'll see much more of Governments turning off the internet in the not too distant future.

(Blocking a website amounts to the same thing)

Does anyone really think Wikileaks gave US anything useful ?.... 8)
In the Tree by the Brook, there's a song bird who sings, Sometimes ALL of our thoughts are misgiven..
Christine
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Christine »

No not really when we have access to so much information already out there. 8)
BillH

Post by BillH »

Wiki will be used as justification for removing more of our freedom and sensoring or blocking out the Internet, no dobt there will be Cyber Terroism laws passed soon.
There are ways around censorship, but sadly not for the masses.
I saw the video on YouTube of the helicopter gunship killing those people about a year before anyone had heard of Wikileaks.
In the Tree by the Brook, there's a song bird who sings, Sometimes ALL of our thoughts are misgiven..
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I can still vividly recall the advent of home phones when each house had it's own ring accompanied with a little old lady (or so it seemed) operator who 'could' also listen in. I remember when making a long distance call was something you did in emergencies and maybe at Christmas due to the extremely high costs of 'long distance.' I can remember when computers first came out and you bought packages that only ran for a few hours per day........NOW it seems we NEED to KNOW everything that is happening everywhere in the world instantaneously.

If computers died tonight my office would be left high and dry cause everything is 'online.' I can't do anything unless I am connected.

Have you ever thought how much information is stored in 1 minutes? 1 hour? 1 day? 1 week? I doubt anybody could ever read everything that was stored in 1 minute nowadays on internet.......

Has it's inception really advanced us? OR made us more dependent?