The Shroud of Turin

Egypt has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Top Member
Top Member

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Ebikatsu wrote: The shroud seems to show a crown of thorns on the head if I am not mistaken. Wouldn't that have been removed by Joseph when wrapping the body?
[face=Comic Sans MS]I think the marks are more in line with where the marks and wounds of the 'crown of thorns' were rather than showing it.[/face]

Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Ebikatsu
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Ebikatsu »

Hmmm you could be right Hepzi.

Do you think it is authentic?
HEPZIBAH
Top Member
Top Member

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Ebikatsu wrote:
Do you think it is authentic?
[face=Comic Sans MS]I believe there is as much evidence to prove it's authenticity, (certainly for the period), as there is to disprove it. Whether it is the shroud of Jesus Christ I don't know but I do know that something incredible took place in the tomb of Jesus' buriel and resurection. I also believe there are more things unexplained on this earth than there are explanations for and our knowledge is so limited although we keep trying to explain away those things for which there really is no explanation usually using terms that only have relevence to man ie time scales and science etc.[/face]
Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: The Shroud of Turin

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

This post popped up for who knows what reason when I just posted my AAA CHOOO post so I re-read it. VERY interesting thread with diverse views all being posted in respectful polite terms.

As for the Shroud I've been fascinated with it for years. Anytime there is a documentary on TV I try and catch it. Don't know if any more recent research has been done on it in the last few years but it definitely is interesting.