One to watch on TV

Egypt has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

One to watch on TV

Post by Horus »

This looks like one to watch: THE EGYPTIAN JOB on Sunday at 8pm. on National Geographic.

Back in the late 19th century, one of the most mysterious and audacious crimes ever committed was discovered.

After years of excavation, an archaeologist broke into an ancient Egyptian Pharaoh’s tomb – only to discover it was empty.

In 1888, English Egyptologist Flinders Petrie made the breakthrough he had spent years of his career working towards.

After years of research, meticulous planning and careful digging, he finally broke into the burial chamber of Pharaoh Amenemhat III. But instead of finding the hordes of untold treasures he had been expecting, the chamber was empty.

There was nothing of value to be found, but also no trace of the people who had ransacked the tomb. And Petrie soon realised that for hundreds of years no-one had even known the pyramid had been robbed.

Amenemhat III was one of the middle kingdom’s wealthiest rulers, and his pyramid was one of the most complex vaults ever designed, made to protect the riches he took to the after-life.

So, in an adventure worthy of Indiana Jones, his grave robbers must have bypassed a sealed and hidden entrance, conquered a maze of blind passages and entered by moving enormous paving slabs. But how on earth did they do it?

Using modern technology and expertise, mechanical genius and criminal psychology, four detectives re-open the case of this ancient crime to try and uncover how the robbers pulled off one of the greatest heists of the millennium.

The tomb at Hawara was the Fort Knox of pyramids, so how did this band of villains pull off the crime – and how did they escape and spent their loot?

Sounds like it will be interesting :)

JOJO

Post by JOJO »

Typical I haven't got Nat Geo :roll: Therefore you will have to watch it for me and make notes! :) :)
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

JOJO wrote:Typical I haven't got Nat Geo :roll: Therefore you will have to watch it for me and make notes! :) :)
Ditto :cry:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I don't have it either :(( :(( :((