My Petra walk, video version.

Egypt has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

My Petra walk, video version.

Post by Horus »

The following links will connect you to several short videos that I have made to show you the actual walk into the lost city of Petra in Jordan via the narrow passageway gorge known in Arabic as the Siq. Unfortunately although I have attempted to keep them as short as possible, each one is around 2-3 minutes in length and there are 4 in total. Out of necessity it is only possible to show highlights and brief clips. Depending upon your connection speed the video may stall whilst being viewed, if so I find it is best to open the link and then pause the play for around 1 minutes to allow it to ‘buffer’ the video. Once the red line is about one third the way along they usually run smoothly if you then re-click the start button. I must apologise for the picture quality, this is the result of a raindrop on the camera and the video compression used for web viewing.

UPDATE As some people may not have been be able to access the UK You Tube links, I have now embedded the videos into this post.

For part 1, click start on the video box below or go to ..........

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

For part 2, click start on the video box below or go to ..........

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

For part 3, click start on the video box below or go to ..........

For part 4, click start on the video box below or go to ..........

You may also like to read the original travelogue account of the walk that I have recently updated with photographs; they will be posted in the History & Archaeology section under the threads:
A walk to Petra part 1
A walk to Petra part 2
A walk to Petra part 3
A walk to Petra part 4
Last edited by Horus on Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Horus Thanks for uploading great video clips, I clicked on "watch with high quality" & the the videos were perfectly clear.....a place I wish to visit some day. :D ....opened with me immediately :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Glad that you liked them Kiya :) they literally take days to put together and even longer to upload, so it is nice to know that the effort has been worthwhile :) :D
Last edited by Horus on Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lisak

Post by Lisak »

Thank you for that Horus.
It has long been on one of my 'places I must visit' list (which incidentally keeps getting longer and longer)
I really didn't realise that it took that long to get there, might have to get my hiking boots back on for that one.
Well worth the effort of putting together the videos, they are superb. :tu:
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
HEPZIBAH
Top Member
Top Member

Post by HEPZIBAH »

[face=Comic Sans MS]Horus, thank you so much for taking the time and effort of putting your video clips together to share with us. It is very much appreciated. Doubt I'll ever get to Petra, although it's on my list, so it is good to see it visually through anothers eyes. Think if I do get there I'll have to take the walk in/camel out option though![/face]
Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Goddess
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Goddess »

I've just watched Part One.

Off to fill my mug before I get started on the rest! Absolutely fantastic Horus, I'm really enjoying it so far ....
Wills

Post by Wills »

Fantastic Horus, thanks for sharing them. :)
[flash width=380 height=32 loop=true]http://www.luxor4u.com/forum/ad_signatures//wills.swf[/flash]
Goddess
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Goddess »

It took me a while thanks to the internet over here - but I've finally seen them all now.

Lovely! Thanks for going to all that effort Horus. It was well worth it.
chiddy

Post by chiddy »

didn't realise the scale of the site - interested to read the written account
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Thank you all for your kind words, it makes it worthwhile :)
Chiddy, I will be posting the update travelogue as soon as I can, I have just been so busy the last few days to get it all fanalised.
Karenh

Post by Karenh »

Thank you Horus I really enjoyed that Petra is a place I really want to visit and your videos have just made me more determined to go. I didnt realise how big it was
A day without laughter is a day wasted :lol: ;)