Bluetooth headphones

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Bluetooth headphones

Post by Grandad »

I think I may have mentioned that me and my wife use headphones particularly when watching TV dramas. The speech is often soft and unclear via the TV or soundbar speakers. We find it better with headsets. When I built our extension I had the forethought to incorporate a hifi ring with jack outlets around the room. I use bluetooth to get the audio from TV to the ring and we then use wired headsets.
There was a good deal on QVC for Bose wireless BT headsets so I ordered a pair. They are, or were, excellent BUT what I didn't realise is that you can only use one BT device at a time from the smart TV. SO, the Hermes man has just collected them for return. Sad about that. :(

:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Bluetooth headphones

Post by Horus »

Grandad there is a way that you could do it:
The problem with any bluetooth device is that it needs to be 'coupled to the device that does the transmission, hence only one headset can connect directly to your Smart TV. However if you connect an audio splitter (see 2nd image) to your TV's 3.5mm audio output socket and then plug in two Bluetooth transmitters (see 1st image) then you can connect two headphones via Bluetooth to your TV. Each transmitter will have its own inique connection ID,so you can connect to one transmitter and Mrs G to the second one. :up
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

@Horus
Thanks for that H. I was aware of that but it seemed that I would end up with additional leads and boxes behind the TV. Samsung no longer fit a 3.5 audio out socket to their sets. There is a USB out socket.
What I have at the moment is a bluetooth transmitter from Amazon. This is connected to the USB for its 'Input' end and then a 3,5 cable to one of my wall sockets. That gives me sound around my hifi ring and we can plug into any wall socket.
What mislead me was that the instructions for my bluetooth transmitter says "Supports up to two devices". What it didn't say was that they can only be used independently.
I will carry on with the present set up for now. All I have to do is switch off the soundbar by remote control to go to the headphones. I may simply buy two new better quality headphone sets because the actual signal from the wall sockets is very good.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

They must be something out there since my bluetooth helmet device can connect up to 5 additional motorbike riders so I could speak to all of them at once :)

EDIT: just found these: https://www.uk-jukeboxes.co.uk/product/ ... 3TEALw_wcB

Normally with wireless Bluetooth headphones, you can only connect your phone, tablet etc. to one pair of headphones…until now. With the new Steepletone DUO headphones, you can connect your phone tablet etc. to two wireless headphones. The Steepletone DUO is therefore perfect for sharing so why not share it with someone right now?.......

PS: Do a search for them I choose the first link. so may be cheaper elsewhere :)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

@DJKeefy
Cheers Keefy. Searching Amazon yesterday I found a device that receives the TV bt signal and will transmit to two headsets. I have one on the way today. Will update how well, or not, it works.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Well I got the device from Amazon. It is an Avantree Oasis bt transmitter/receiver. I mis-understood the description thinking it received a bt signal from the TV but then had the capacity to transmit two bt channels.
It actually needs hard wiring to the TV which is where I hit a problem because my recently new Smart TV has very few 'out' sockets. It seems to rely on bt and wifi usage. I resolved the problem by changing my soundbar from optical to bt which gave me the optical connection for the Oasis transmitter.
It paired with the headphones with no problem so we now have much better headsets without the need to be tethered to a wall socket outlet. So problem resolved :up