Camera problems

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Camera problems

Post by Grandad »

Just recently I have been less than satisfied with my pics. They all seem blurred and lacking in colour. I noticed it particularly when we wemt out yesterday. Lovely sunny day when snaps should be their best. Not so for me so I am in the process of trying to find out why.
Could be something on the blink in the camera.
See pictures I will post under What are you doing today (or in my case yesterday) :lol:

:gg:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Camera problems

Post by Grandad »

Yesterday we did the first trip with the scooter in the car boot. We went to Herne Bay for a WALK along the front and a small beer and bag of chips on the pier. Typical seaside stuff. :lol: :lol:
I took a few pics and,as they all look poor to me I have posted them without comment for your feedback please.
Cheers
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

All the pictures are interesting enough to me and seem quite ok otherwise. I'm not noting anything that isn't 'right' about them........

All I can think is maybe this camera doesn't have a lens filter? Or has an incorrect filter? Just my thoughts

In picture #2 are all those posts & flags and items on the posts crocheted? And was that a special display of crocheting/knitting re: RAF? or ??
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

They look OK to me Grandad, all I would do is add a little more contrast to make the colours stand out more :up :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Generally speaking Grandad I can’t see a lot wrong with the images and would agree with Kiya that the odd one would improve with a bit more contrast. It looks like it was a very sunny day when you took the images and your camera was trying to cope with very bright conditions, I sometimes get a similar effect, otherwise the pictures are sharp and colourful. :up
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

It looks like a lovely day out. :up
Smile! It confuses people
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Thanks for your comments folks :tk

I have a suspicion that the autofocus is not working properly but I can experiment to check that.

I know I go on a bit about our eyes but it does make viewing images on screen difficult and many look quite bad to me and my wife but your feedback suggests that they are not bad at all. Thanks for that.....
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I have a suspicion that the autofocus is not working properly but I can experiment to check that
The images look sharp enough Grandad, there is no blurring at all.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

@Mad Dilys MD, you posted at the same time as me so I saw your post after I clicked the button :lol:
The object was to do a trial run taking my scooter. That all went very well but at the end of what is left of Herne Bay pier, there is an open space and, of course, the other three had to have a go on my scooter. Apart from their purpose, they are good fun. ;)

@LovelyLadyLux LLL, both Whitstable and Herne Bay on the north Kent coast still retain some of their old Victorian/Edwardian charm in my opinion. Proper old fashioned seaside towns. Herne Bay has a great community spirit between the local residents. Inevitably there is a minority of lowlifes who will spoil the place with graffiti but there is also a small army of volunteers who clean up graffiti before the paint has a chance to dry. The residents are quite proud of their little town. As for the decorations on the pier railings, there is a group who call themselves 'The Herne Bay Knitters'. They knit a variety of things including the bunting to add interest to the sparse pier railings. I was drawn to the RAF centenary roundel being a former 'Brylcreem Boy' :lol:

Thanks H, just read your post. :up
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

It takes a special kind of mind to think of knitting bunting - I love it! :up
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Grandad wrote:Thanks for your comments folks :tk
I have a suspicion that the autofocus is not working properly but I can experiment to check that.
I know I go on a bit about our eyes but it does make viewing images on screen difficult and many look quite bad to me and my wife but your feedback suggests that they are not bad at all. Thanks for that.....
I have done an autofocus test and that seems OK.

When I saw the eye doc yesterday he said that on a scale of 1 to 5 my left eye cataract was about a 2. He also advised that at that level it is not yet worth the risk, however small, of having surgery.
I must therefore deduce that what I am seeing as unsharp images must be down to the cataract. At least I now realise that with your help :up

I shall now move on...... :lol:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Another trick I picked up is when it is snowing & folks taking pictures often the snow doesn't look white at all , but,

my trick is to tricking the camera & set it to " cloudy " then the camera does its best to make the snow " white " ,

colours white..............It works for me. :)

Grandad..... its maybe worth a go doing the same thing :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Good tip Kiya, I often find that in really bright sunny conditions I get similar images to Grandads, I usually just run them through Elements.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I took sunny early morning photos in Luxor with my old fashioned camera that looked very similar until I discovered the wonders of fast film. :oops:

I loved my old EOS 500 - the crew called it Baby, but unfortunately it's still in Luxor...……

I like to have my pictures in my hand, not the same when it's on a screen. :tk

PS Though to be honest at least when they are digital staff can't give them away. :x
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

MD, you can still have the digital images printed and it is cheaper than buying film and processing
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

True Horus, but to me it's like the difference between reading a book and reading a Kindle. I have reference books online, but for pure pleasure I like paper. The smell ……….Mmmmmm. :lol: :D