What's your MOOD today

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: What's your MOOD today

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Thank you for the explanation, Horus. Maybe I should mention that DH was a gas fitter and plumber in the last ten years of his working life. ;)

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Ruby Slippers wrote:Thank you for the explanation, Horus. Maybe I should mention that DH was a gas fitter and plumber in the last ten years of his working life. ;)
In that case he will know the benefits of having one ;)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Horus wrote:
Grandad wrote:
Horus wrote:The main thing with all these modern boilers is that they work off the mains pressure and do not require header tanks for domestic or central heating water so these can be removed.
:?: You've lost me there mate? When you say 'All these modern boilers' are you saying ALL condensing boilers? If so I have to disagree. I have a recent Worcester Bosch condensing boiler (not combi) anssd that does not run directly off the mains, and I have an expansion, a header and hot water storage tanks.....
In that case it is a 'systems' boiler and not a Combi
Horus, I never said I had a Combi. What I have is in fact a 'Regular' boiler, not a 'System' boiler. System boilers do not need a header tank and I have a hot water storage tank plus an expansion tank for the CH AND a header for pressure to the hot water taps.

This could be described as the simplest and least efficient system but, although the HW tank is well insulated, with the pump and most of the pipework in the airing cupboard, Mrs G likes to be able to air laundry in that cupboard. I have in fact fitted it with hanging rails to make tha airing process more effective.

I shall now say no more on this subject of BOILERS and get back on topic. :a84:

A BIT FED UP The lack of a car is beginning to get to me. It is all very well people saying you can use public transport or taxi's but there is nothing like the convenience of just getting in the car, even for the shortest of errands. But as I have said before, I have not yet completely given up hope. I have an eye appointment next Tuesday and that will be an important one for me. :a20:
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

MD wrote:
In the corner of the kitchen is a Worcester Combi boiler as identified by all of us and Mr Google.
You wrote:
From what you say you really do have a combi boiler and I cannot understand why the bathroom was never connected into that closed system.

So evidently I was talking about Combi boilers, and what I said about them was correct, it was yourself that confused the issue with talk of your storage tanks with what is evidently NOT a Combi boiler.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Do you ever wonder whether the rise in asthma could be down to central heating? :tk
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I think it is hard to say, certainly the prevalence of fitted carpets and a warmer house may contribute to the increase in all the little mites that can often trigger asthma. Personally I reckon it is an allergic reaction that can be triggered my a number of things from dust to stress and even after suffering an illness.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I think wall to wall carpets that never leave the house are one of the biggest contributors to most all illnesses. Stuff gets spilled on them and rots and molds so who know WHAT we're breathing in when we have those carpets. Am in the process of getting rid of all of the ones here and already noticing the air in here to be significantly cleaner.

I've never much paid attention to my mood really - and am almost always the same........so it was a 'usual' mood day for me.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

DISPAIR The bin men came at 08.00 today. The students next door put their bins out at 08.30. I have impressed on them to put them out Tuesday evening or they may miss collection........I give up :a67:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I have some sympathy with you Grandad, but slightly different scenario.

We have to put our trash out between 6.30pm Monday and 6.30am Tuesday so far so good as the Kitchen Waste bins are sometimes emptied before 7.am. The rest has to be in sacks which the Seagulls love to investigate. It's re-cycling every week and general rubbish it seems on a whim - should be fortnightly but it was a month recently and they never collect this before late afternoon. On this occasion all our front gardens were piled up with bags of rubbish. Well actually I have very little but where there families it was unpleasant.
Obviously a management problem, as I've mentioned before the bin men couldn't work harder or faster.

Mood is calm. :up
Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

We have the same thing happen here re: garbage pick up. We're supposed to put it out at 7am. We are NOT supposed to put it out the night before because really who know what animal might get into it but the pick up can be scheduled for almost any time the next day from 8am to 5pm. Personally I take it out the night before which seems to be the best idea to me. An animal can hit it beside my house OR out on the street so I don't see it making that much difference. Those who do wait 'til morning often find the truck has already passed.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Ditto, my bins go out the night before, I say bins because we have a wheely bin for general waste and another for garden waste, collected on alternate weeks. Then we have a three plastic boxes, one for newspapers, paper, magazines, and flyers, another one for tins & plastic bottles and the other for cardboard and glass, all are emptied weekly. We also have another for kitchen waste but I refuse to use it as I am not trying to rear a pig, so they can get stuffed on that one it all goes in the main bin. :stp
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I have very little food waste as I live alone, mine is mostly banana skins, as I always have one with my breakfast. I Have my potatoes baked and find it more convenient and less wasteful to buy the frozen prepared mixed vegetables in portion sizes. The one I favour is broccoli, carrot and sweetcorn. I do eat fruit, but minimal waste there, so I put what I have in a little bio bag and pop it in the deepfreeze for a couple of weeks or so. Fills up the freezer so there's no dead space too. :up
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

NEUTRALThursday means weekly shopping morning. They come around SO quickly. :|
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Right now am normal/neutral but about this time yesterday I was getting annoyed, add another 2 hours and I was REAL annoyed and by 11pm bedtime I was SUPER annoyed.....the CAUSE being Microsoft put through a MEGA patch!

They set a big blue message all of sudden on my screen that they were starting a huge patch, intended to turn my laptop off and on several times, NOT to turn it off blah blah blah ........ took it close to 2 hours to get to 75% then sat at 84% for 3 or so more hours and OMG - totally stopped my entire system dead in its track from about 5pm to well past when I went to bed.

Wasn't happy at all that BIG BRO can unceremoniously just announce they're doing something and doing it NOW and not even affording me a chance to turn off the programs I had open. Really wasn't happy with it all. Took me a bit this morning too to get it all going.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

NOW I'm back to super annoyed because the bloody UPLOAD thing returned just after I posted about last night and I've just spent the last 2 hours having it install MORE updates! Apparently now I can get 3-D imagines in WORD (or something like that) along with "Vicki" my personal assistant who will tell me all about the updates.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I feel for you LLL. I had the same problem with my Windows 8i several times. Hours to fiddle with it and next day hours to configure.

I don't care if it was a luxury, the one I am using now is so quick and I get notice of works that need doing and can schedule them. Then the whole thing is quicker anyway.

I do miss apps that came with my old device and I lost when it refused to open. (Now fixed but apps gone so don't now what they were called).

My mood today is mixed Relieved that I got up to date with filing yesterday, but Peeved that having got my old laptop working with my Level 184 game intact, the updates for the game are now only available on Windows 10 upwards.

To progress in the game upgrades are needed every couple of months. I can still play, but just the same old stuff over and over.

Also Peeved at the realisation that if I run two devices, as I had hoped to do - just adding to boring data on the old one, storing a large quantity of pictures etc. and using the new much lighter and quicker one for when I travel or move around............... then I have to pay yearly for two lots of Security and programmes which used to be installed once when purchasing the device and no further payment necessary. :evil:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Oh the joys of using any OS above Win 7
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I also got the Win 10 upgrade. When I switched off last evening I got the message to not switch off and that the computer would switch off when download complete.
When I switched on this morning there was another blue screen advising that it was completing the upgrade, installing I expect. This took 45 minutes at which time a new screen image of a Loch or Ffiord appeared which is probably the new image for this level of upgrade.

A message said that it was about security issues in this digital world.

All running fine now so no real inconvenience, and it is not as if it does these major upgrades every week.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Mine finished last night then just before I was heading to bed I got another blue screen saying it found ERRORS and to not switch off etc so I just left it go and it seems to be ok this morning - however - I took a photo of my amaryllis to post and apparently now my laptop can't FIND the APP so :a67: The daughter is en route here and we're heading out so will have to see what is up later.

Mood-wise am back to being the real me ;)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Mood today is PENSIVE
On my walk yesterday I passed by some restored wrought iron railings that run across the front of a large house called Ramsdell Hall albeit on the opposite side of the canal from the grounds of the hall which sweep down towards it. It is a place that I am particularly fond of especially in the Summer when I would often sit on the short lawn like grass that grew alongside the tow path and dangle my legs over the warm sandstone blocks that form the retaining wall for the canal as it passes the hall on the side of a gently sloping hillside with its wide open views over the Cheshire farmland. I would sit there taking in the view and sometimes in Summer I would drop down into the field and lie on the grass with my back against the wall closing my eyes as the warm sun caressed my face and the insects buzzed and the Butterflies wafted by above my head.

After they carried out the repairs to the railings I have to satisfy myself with just leaning on the rails like farmer Giles surveying his land. It was as I passed this particular point on a rather dull, cold and dismal day that I glanced again at the plaques that had been fixed there after the repairs were done explaining the project. I think at the time I did post some images on here and explain the project in more detail. Whilst reading the plaques again it dawned on me that it was almost 10 years ago since I took my original pictures and it was at that point that my mind started to wander. Was it really 10 years ago? So much water under the bridge, or in this case flowing along the canal, so many changes in my life, so many loved ones and friends no longer here, so may sunny days forever lost in time.

This is the same area on a Summers day where I would sit