WINTER RECIPE for natural antibiotic.

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

WINTER RECIPE for natural antibiotic.

Post by Jayway »

On Sat, out on Glory, had to come home quickly as my asthma kicked in with a vengeance. House is warm, two types of drugs made no difference, packed my bag just in case. Sunday could not walk far, well you cant walk if you cant breathe. Sat at the comp, found Health pages, tried one recipe. 100 gms honey and one tablespoon turmeric powder, mix and take one teaspoon. Let it melt in mouth. After 2 doses 6 hours apart I breathe normally and have enough in the jar for 3 days. If anyone has colds or flu, please try the various turmeric recipes, this one has saved me a trip to the hospital.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: WINTER RECIPE for natural antibiotic.

Post by Horus »

Glad you are up and running again Jay :up
Can I ask if or not you take an Asthma preventer inhaler (usually the Brown one) and do you also have the (Blue) Ventolin reliever?
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I tried that honey + turmeric + lemon (I added lemon) and melted it all in a hot cup of tea last night as I'm on about my last nerve if this #@$% cold doesn't leave me soon! UGH!!!

I took 2 cups of it last night about 5 hours apart and went to bed with not 1 iota of congestion. Was super happy - HOWEVER I've woke up this morning to congestion with a vengeance! Probably gone through a quarter of a box of new Kleenex so far this morning. Don't believe how yucky I feel.......UNLESS the turmeric stuff kicked in and now I'm decongesting :) (MAYBE I HOPE!)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I had another cup of this concoction this afternoon and it does seem to be making me feel better. Might have another cuppa before bed tonight.

Once the turmeric mixes with the honey it really does become quite stiff. I'm also adding about the equivalent of a good sqeenze of lemon into my tea mixture too.

And - although you probably know this - if you use a white cup this mixture will stain it. I'm using an old cup I don't care about anyway but if you're using anything you want to keep as good don't put turmeric into it.

The turmeric I get here comes directly from India - Suraj is the brand name. Most of the decent spices we get here come from India.
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

LLL. I am using it like you use anti-b - the teaspoon 3 times a day, I dont think drinking it will work so well as the recipe said let the stiff mix melt on your tongue. Horus, my asma medicine is Symbicort (the Astra-Zenec factory is in Portugal and the two months thingy costs 52 euros) twice a day.I was thinking of doing a break-in. They said the years and years of using the Ventolin is the cause of my AF, heart problem, I never ever took more than 2 puffs as I have always been afraid of drugs, living on them all my life. Symbicort has side effects (Drugs.com) I really hate drugs.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

The reason I asked Jay was that many people only take the Ventolin when they get short of breath and fail to take the 'Preventer' on a regular basis. Apparently it is important to always take the Preventer as prescribed (say two puffs per day) as this keeps the medication like the Ventolin properly effective and so you use it far less instead of constantly puffing on the Ventolin inhaler for relief which is what many people do. So basically you should be taking the (Usually Brown one) to prevent an attack, rather than having to take the (Usually Blue one) to relieve an attack. :up
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

They took the brown and grey away when I had my hospital holiday 2 years ago and gave me the Symbicort 160, they offered a 320 but as Portuguese doctors always over prescribe I said no, I will take 2 puffs of this one. Its not a puffer, its a sucker, which when you think about it, is quite ridiculous - - suck when you can hardly breathe ?? oh yes that makes sense to me. Yes, I have no respect for doctors, all they have is a good memory and some have very little common sense or are just inefficient like the fool that has sewn me up crooked, and it still hurts and my new Doc offered me a chance to cut it with anaesthetic.
Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

is that the purple steroid one Jay? I have no idea what mine is called, but when I get my annual chest infection/pluracy every winter, my doc usually gives me a much stronger inhaler. I get the lecture on living with dogs, parrots and working with cats and dogs every year too. I find that suck style inhaler easier to deal with when my chest clamps up and I cant breath. Its a case of timing the wheezy attempt to breathe in with clamping your teeth on the dam thing.
Dont get your knickers in a knot. It solves nothing and just makes you walk funny
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

I now have two inhalers as well as the Ventolin. One I have to have one puff twice a day, and the other is two puffs once a day! I haven't had to use the Ventolin once since I started with these two new ones, which is about a month. I can also walk uphill a little bit too, which is encouraging. :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

My mother who has passed away now lived on the blue puffer. Granted she chain smoked all day but she also constantly puffed the blue. Had puffers hidden all about the house. The doctors argued with her 'til they were blue in the face about proper use but she never listened.

Visits to her were extremely limited the last 5 or so years of her life as the inside conditions of her house were so horrible nobody could go inside (second hand smoke) and stay there for any length of time. She was in an awful mess. Her breathing was terribly raspy, she couldn't lay down. Her personality was also such that she was totally obstinate. Even if you could persuade her to 'visit' at a restaurant she'd immediately get herself kicked out as she'd light up inside. Never cared if she bothered everybody else in the place. She saw ciggies as her right and way of life. :(

The discussion of her 'smoking' was so highly contentious that it couldn't even be broached cause it only led to a huge argument. The puffers (don't think I ever saw a different coloured one than the blue) kept her going for years though.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

One thing I do hate and that is anyone coming near me when they have a cold or flu type illness. I think it's extremely inconsiderate of them, knowing that another bout of pneumonia could finish me off!
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@RS - ditto. I used to absolutely hate it when coworkers would come to work on deaths door in the hope they'd be ordered home (therefore get the days wage) and/or they'd used up all their holiday and sick time and so didn't have any to use and needed the wage. UGH.

I had no problem just telling 'em all to stay away from me.

Do you have an infrared air purifier? They circulate the air and kill are sorts and manner of bugs, allergens etc.
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Ruby, the computer guy came here to fix my comp, he brought his wife and child (to see the animals) I wouldnt let her in the house as she had a streaming cold. He never answered my calls again. Robbo, no, the SYMBICORT 160 is a white tube with the writing mauve, and a red bottom. It is a steroid and I cant get any knocks as I get huge bruises and my skin as fragile, BUT I am still breathing. Look up your stuff on - Drugs.com - all names, interactions, effects and forums. The Ventolin has caused my heart problem they say, but as I have had a bad heart for years I dont really believe that. Its binned anyway.