New TV series about Egypt

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: New TV series about Egypt

Post by Horus »

Correct on both counts Grandad ;)

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Grandad - it is interesting the guides in your photos are all holding cigarettes. Not that every guide in Egypt didn't/doesn't have a cigarette. All the smoking in Egypt was a big downer for me.

Just such a contrast to here where you almost virtually never see a cigarette anywhere anymore. You might see people furtively smoking in their car but smoking here is becoming such a big taboo.
Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

everyone is starving and cant feed their families or their horses but they all still smoke.
Dont get your knickers in a knot. It solves nothing and just makes you walk funny
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Smoking is a direct bug of mine in that LOTS of families here going to food/clothing/other banks run by charities and/or off the taxpayer dollar ALL can somehow afford ciggies. They can also afford HUGE tattoos about their body.

I don't have a tattoo but have heard the prices for ONE quadrant of your arm can cost $300+. Kinda makes one wonder where a person comes up with the $$ for that yet scream their child needs a free breakfast or lunch.

Hair dye to a lesser extent also factors in too. Hair dye doesn't cost an arm and a leg but the number of people out there with pink/blue/purple hair is pretty significant yet you can't afford to feed your kid or pay your rent or whatever. Piercings come into the same category.

Seems officials cannot ask or demand where and how the money given is spent even when it is very clear and apparent the person is not spending the money for what it was intended YET they expect the rest of us to pick up the slack and essentially parent their child by way of School breakfasts, lunches, clothes, provision of school supplies and on and on.

**that being said I truly don't want to deprive the child but I'd love to be able to hold the parents accountable and responsible.