Amaryllis

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Amaryllis

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I'm sure everybody on here is tired of me giving my annual "I planted an amaryllis & how do you keep it growing?" ;)

BUT just like the sparrow returning to Capistrano I just bought and planted a Red Lion amaryllis for Christmas! :) :) :) Again!

AND, BTW - no offence meant but I AM using the world CHRISTMAS ;) AND by all means do please identify any of your own special occasions by what they are called and "I" pledge and promise to NOT be offended!

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Amaryllis

Post by Horus »

Good luck with your Amaryllis LLL :up and may I, as a practising high priest in the worship of the Egyptian god Min, wish all my friends a hugely large erection for the forth coming holiday, our customary greeting is “may you rise to the event” I trust no other religions will be offended by my seasonal greeting. ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Sounds like a good greeting to me H! ;) ;)

I opted to buy an amaryllis after swearing off them for the past 2 years because my Christmas cactus is on hiatus from blooming at Christmas. Seems any other time of the year is fair game and it is growing extremely well itself but nary a bud in sight. :(

I had it outside all summer, didn't water it and then soaked it down in the sink with a healthy shot of 20-20-20 but so far not so much as even teeny tiny bud. Nothing for Christmas so I've decided to go the amaryllis route. Solid bright red and I hope I get a couple of stalks blooming.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Thanks for reminding me about Amaryllis, I love them, all you have to do is water them and make sure they have good light or they tend to be a bit thin and attracted to the light wherever it might be.

As a practicing Muslim and a member of a richly diverse community, I am very happy to wish my neighbours of all religious persuasions peace, health and happiness on the celebration of their choice. :up

PS I saw my first big Christmas tree of the season early October in a shop in Barcelona airport.
Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Granted I'm in the USA right now but already ALL the store are a winter wonderland. Christmas trees, holly wreaths, decorations and Santa Clauses everywhere! It'll stay like this now until probably mid-January.

I actually wish ALL the different religions would put their 'stuff' out there too. Wouldn't bother me in the least. There are a few Hanukkah decorations here and there but not much.

If everybody would verbalize the words or greetings of their own faith I would use them if I knew them. Just like I can't for the life of me see how saying "Merry Christmas" should offend anybody and or diminish the person using this greeting. I have no problem wishing my Muslim friends "Eid Mubarak" and/or sending them an e-card (everybody gets E cards now ;) ) with this holiday season wish.

Way too much PC these days which I see as efforts to control freedom of speech.