GRANDAD-SEARCH IS OVER

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

GRANDAD-SEARCH IS OVER

Post by Kiya »

DISAPPOINTED.........Our search is over for the stained glass window of the " blue angel "

After much searching by myself & you Grandad I gave in & via PM via FB I wrote to the Richard III Society yesterday 19/2/15.

My answer back from them was:

From Richard III Society 19/2/15
We have referred this to our greatest experts and, sadly, cannot find a record of such a commission. Could this have been a novel, perhaps?

I have backchecked, and I'm afraid there is no contemporary evidence for such a window. Could it be that you have read this in a novel?

As I said at the beginning I couldn't remember the title & author of the book I read :(

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: GRANDAD-SEARCH IS OVER

Post by Grandad »

We will draw a line under it then Kiya. ;)

Probably a book by Hilary Mantel, she seems to take plenty of authors license in her historical writings. :lol:

Are you watching Wolf Hall? I don't think it deserves the rave ratings but I will stick with it for the final episode next week. :zz
:gg:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Yes been watching Wolf Hall, looking forward to the final :)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Did you watch the finale anyone? The beheading of Ann Boleyn, very dramatic. But would anyone take their demise so calmly?

Although there have been many complaints about the dark scenes and unclear dialogue I have enjoyed Wolf Hall. Before filming the director asked the cameramen if, with their latest digital equipment, they could film with as little as one candle for illumination. Happilly they could and did to give real authentic atmosphere.

Watch out for the BAFTAS next time. I can see a cinamatography award for Wolf hall. Brilliant work. :up
:gg:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Yes I did watch the finale of Wolf Hall....great series but really based around Cromwell & life & to power.

I'm guessing you watched the program on BBC4 afterwards "THE INSIDE STORY" & I agree the lighting with candle only was amazing.

Look out for the next series.....there is going to be a next :up

The books on Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantle has had very good reviews though some complain on the way its written at times being difficult to follow.