POPPING

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: POPPING

Post by Grandad »

Now Jay and RS you were obviously not paying attention through professor Horus's tutorials on Colour Popping. :(
Kiya DID pay close attention and passed her degree with honours. :up
I kept going off and doing it my own way and as a result only got a 2-2 :(

But so you know what is being discussed here, Colour Popping is when you have a picture with a predominant subject that you would like to pick out and emphasise.
We open the coloured image and duplicate it to create a second layer. We then convert that layer to greyscale. We place the greyscale image on top of the coloured image and with the eraser and other tools, we remove the greyscale part of the image that we want to highlight in colour. That way we look through the hole we have created in the top greyscale layer to reveal the part of the coloured image underneath that we want to expose.
When done, we merge the two images down to produce one new Colour Popped image that we save as a new file. It will look something like this.

Now that should all be very clear to you and professor Horus will expect to see your own attempts very soon. ;) ;) ;)

:gg:
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Sorry, Grandad! I don't think I can add another hobby to my repertoire at the moment! :o there are only 24 hours in the day - and every one of them is taken! :D
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Joking RS, only joking. Hence all the ;winks' :lol: :lol:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Well done that boy at the back :up obviously you were not slacking during my tutorial as I initially thought and your concise explanation has demonstrated to me a good inderstanding of the processes involved. Your sumitted image is very well done and earned you an A-, in addition I have ammended your exam results accordingly to an Upper Second-Class Honours (2:1) :)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

@ Horus :))) :)))

Thank you for the upgrade Sir.......I have a Kentish apple for you ;) :lol: :lol: