The Latest

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

The Latest

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Since my latest hobby is "paranoia" ;) ;) that somehow we're being read by mega people who are unknown to us I'm now going to post in this section or some other section that will require signing in.

I just looked at in the last 24 hours we've had something like 135 GUESTS (but only 14 members logged in) and L4U has had 239 Guests but have had something like 239 Members signed in. Just seems to me that something is a bit amiss.

I don't believe that many are playing Arcade on here and that is based on ME being a high scorer on one of the games a couple months back and if you open the games and look at the scores you'll actually note that very few scores by players are being recorded.

Maybe just me but I am curious to see if more "regulars" of the Forums log in if they can no longer read as guest........ ;) ;) ;)

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: The Latest

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Now I have another questions...........when you look at the stats at the bottom of the page you can see ALL the members who have been on the forum in the last 24 hours - HOWEVER if you click on different forum members names it doesn't say when they "Last visited Forum".

When I click on my name I can see exactly when I last visited however there are other members where this is blank - yet - they've logged on. Why are they exempt from having it say when they last visited?

Curiosity curiosity curiosity ....... :D
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

You also have to take into account the ones from over on the Blue side who will also read this forum, but as they do not post on here they just want to see what we are saying, so do not log in. As for the missing details, in your options you can choose to remain anonymous and some people do this to hide the fact that they are reading the forums or when they last visited, 'lurkers' can be found on many other forums and not just on here.
So just to pander to your "paranoia" LLL I will also post in this section for a while, but I doubt if you will see any difference in people logging in. ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I've always been curious as to why so many people visit here yet nobody ever talks and it would be so much nicer if a few more would speak. I became more curious when recently we had "Amera?" (now I don't remember the name) but the "newest member" who created the yellow political avatar, logged in a few times, seemed to read yet never spoke. Why even create an avatar if you've no intention of talking?

I'd always assumed everybody was logging on to play the games yet there are rarely ever scores logged in and again the curiosity got poked when "I" scored a high score on here and believe me my scores are never high plus I was the solo person who in an entire month played the game. That just seemed odd to me.......sooooo........???

I do believe the lurkers from the Blue should be logging on if they want to read ;) ;) Not that we're saying anything but if they have to actually log in to see what we're saying then they have to fess up ;) Keep the stats pure.

Lastly it does strike me as real odd that so many people want to remain 'hidden' ..... WHAT is there to hide? Especially on our forum which is just normal talking and discussions??

Hopefully curiosity will get the better of a few folk and they'll log on to read and then be prompted to comment and talk! :) :up :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Since I'm now a self professed paranoid ;) ;) I checked WHO was online again. There are right now my time 5 Guests. Most seemed to be viewing the "INDEX" however I found this relatively interesting so I cut and pasted it from the main Board Page here:

Guest Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:43 pm Posting message in Know Egypt

Now - HOW can a Guest be posting a message? Really?
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

IMO since we started talking about who is coming online and who isn't we seem to be getting more Guest viewers than before. Definitely interesting that there are so very many Guests yet nobody 'talks' ...... :dun: