My new camera story

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: My new camera story

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Terrific photos! My favourites are the very first one of the flower shop - lovely. Also like the scrap metal face and the boat paddlers. There are just the photos that draw me to them. I'm also really partial to the photo 'in the church' and wish you could've gotten a close(r) up of the clerics (but I understand why not) ;)

Busker photos are always cool too cause usually they're doing something, an activity. Way kewl Grandad. Seems you've got yourself a pretty great little camera.......Now to decide if "I"also need one!! :) :) :)

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Glad you are impressed with my little Fuji LLL :up Off to see number two grandson play football this morning to check it out in the 'sport' mode.
LovelyLadyLux wrote: I'm also really partial to the photo 'in the church' and wish you could've gotten a close(r) up of the clerics (but I understand why not) ;)
The reason I included that one LLL is because from two feet away I could not see through the heavily smoked glass doors. I held the front of the lens against the glass and that was the result.....I was simply impressed with what the camera saw and via its EXR function produced an acceptable image.

The lens hood arrived yesterday, not plastic but aluminium very well matt black coated. And what is even better, its filter thread is 52mm, same as my Nikon lenses, so I can also use those filters on the Fuji.....it just keeps getting better :lol: And you are entitled to wear that smug 'I told you so' look Horus :up :lol: :lol:
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

:lol: :lol: OK, here it is: "told you so" :cg :cg :ok: :D
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Grandad ...yes you are correct................your beautiful cathedral :) you never know maybe someday I'll see it for real :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Ohhhhhhhhh that cathedral photo was through a window!!! Now that is something that is really different - the shot through the window and it came out so totally clear. Nice......

On another note I love photos of Cathedrals and everything associated with them.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Still very happy with the Fuji :lol: It is always sitting on my desk ready for anything that needs snapping. I have not deserted the Nikon and use both depending on what the situation suits.

Wandered into town this morning and, although I may have posted similar pics before, I thought you might like these three.

Boat trips from the Weavers were busy and at £8.50 per adult, doing very nicely thank you :)
The old building has been redecorated recently so is looking better than in my earlier picture.

We lived in the far cottage of the 16th Century All Saints Court, on the right, after we married. This building has also been decorated but they have used a light buff colour instead of white. I don't like the new look. :(

This disabled accordion player was making some nice music and using a small amp to increase his volume. Unusually for a busker he had music sheets at his side.

We are going to Scotney Castle on Wednesday so, hope you are looking in Kiya, this is a really lovely National Trust property. :up .........and once again I shall travel light with just the Fuji :) See Horus, you WERE right :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Nice photos Grandad. Not that I'm an expert at all but in my mind's eye I see any and all of the tudor style buildings as having white stucco not the beige.

I've never seen a busker with sheet music before either. Quite interesting this man has his music handy. Must be learning new stuff ;)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Lovely pictures Grandad and I bet that river is full of Trout, it looks beautifully clear. I reckon the makeover on the old building looks great very picturesque and I would still be living on that old cottage it looks great, it is a lovely area. I knew you would be pleased with the Fuji Grandad and pleased you like it too, it is taking cracking pictures quality wise, the rest is up to the photographer :up I rang up today to register the cheapo Nikon I bought last week and they gave me another years free warranty on top of their own so that's two years! not bad on a fifty quid camera. :up I have not really used it properly yet as I find it a bit awkward to use without a viewfinder and a boisterous dog on a lead to cope with, but what I have taken so far seem OK.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Trout? In the river in Grandad's photo? Really?
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Trout? In the river in Grandad's photo? Really?
It would not surprise me LLL, it looks very clean and probably it's chalk stream water, so probably Brown Trout or even some Rainbows in there. ;)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Yes Horus there are brown and rainbow trout in different stretches of the river and some sections on the way to the sea are really picturesque and peaceful. :up

Your little Nikon gets better and better and I see in the spec that it has 9 point focusing, not bad at all for fifty quid. :up
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Lovely pictures Grandad :) I would have loved to live in a place like that :)

Look forward to seeing the photos of Scotney Castle :) another one I haven't heard of.