Aloha, Bon Apetit (and don't look Jewel)!!!

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Aloha, Bon Apetit (and don't look Jewel)!!!

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Hiya all - am back!!! :) :) :) Got back midnight Wednesday and had to report to work next 2 days (which also got me 3 hr OT) soooooo am still adjusting back from resting, relaxing and having fun to time changes and an over the top hectic office.

Hawaii was great! NO tourists hardly though. Usually in Hawaii there are about 5 Asian people to each 1 Caucasian but this time it was similar to a ghost town. Hardly any Japanese people there and tourism way down. Lots of the shops really suffering big time and more and more people without work. In response to this 'slow time' I believe the gov't has applied for 'stimulous money' to work on infastructure issues and keep the economy going, hence many favourite places, i.e. the old churchs had scaffolding all around the outside and construction work was happening.

These are photos from a day going to China Town which is one of the oldest areas on Oahu. The markets are both indoor and outdoor, really busy social places were people tend to shop daily for groceries. I always enjoy going there as everything is super fresh and put out daily.

From Trinidad I know these as "dragon fruit" and they make the best juice but I didn't quite know what they call these in Hawaii. I couldn't get the 'name' from the seller as he didn't speak english

These are my drop dead most favourite fruit. Love 'em and can eat as many as I can get!

I'm thinking Jewel shouldn't be looking any further! :) ;)

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

LLL, great to see you back and posting abundantly as usual.....lot to catch up on eh?

And nice pictures of some of the exotics of Hawaii :)

Welcome back and DO show any other pics from your travels......
:gg:
Christine
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Christine »

Hey LLL welcome back, trust you to post pics of food first :lol: ;)
You get out of life what you are prepared to put in!
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Thanks! I'm back (sleeping in this weekend) but I've got a few photos I can't wait to show (just need the time to resize 'em and get 'em posted) and Grandad soon as I'm 'alert' again and over all the time changes and travel unpacking etc. I'm going to re-read your post about syc-ing the colour of your monitor to what you get printed COZ I'm always getting prints back that are way dark. I initially thought it was me, then the camera, then the computer, then the printers - BUT ??? hmmmm - gotta read your post again then put my mind in gear and think on this.

Most of the photos I'm actually printing are of the grandbaby boys but so many come out dark.......
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Welcome back LLL looking forward to seeing many more of your pics from holiday :D
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Welcome back LLL, we have missed your contributions :) and as others have said lets see those Piccies! :)
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Yes

Post by Jayway »

Welcome back, LLL. Love your strange food -what are those orange things hanging, some sort of meat ? Nice to see you can buy pet frogs for your pond - -
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

The 'hanging things' are Longdon which is a cousin to Lychees. I LOVE Lychees. They are 'to die' for but if I can't get lychees I'm more than happy to stuff myself with Longdon.

As for the "PET" frogs.......(NOT). They for din-dins. This isn't a great photo of 'Dinner Frogs' (mostly cause the container they were in was pretty gross) but 'frogs' are really quit a popular meal there. As a kid (we were really poor) we had to catch big bullfrogs to eat. I had to admit the meal is totally delicious and tender.

I think many of the Asian people like as 'fresh' as they can get hence there are quite a few tanks like this one with 'live' fish available to purchase.

These guys are totally iced and, am sure fresh, but not in a much demand as their still swimming cousins.

I love the colours of the market and everything is so fresh and unique (to what I see here in the shops). The 'yellow' things are flowers and I'm really not sure what the green stuff is

I've never seen these before and wanted to try some but as I wandered further and further through the market I didn't come back to get any. Should have bought some when I was standing there but didn't want to have to carry 'em. Wish I'd of tried these. They really appeal to me and look delicious but missed my chance to taste them.

This photo kinda reminds me of the markets in Luxor. The shop owner 'hovering' and keeping an eye on his fruits and veggies